JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As I said, I did not notice the date of the article or the incident. It was a shooting incident involving a firearm, so I posted it in this forum.

Your opinion is duly noted. If you think the thread is "trash" then you are welcome to ignore it.

NO, I am not going to ignore it... I am going to OBJECT to you jumping on the bandwagon. You are falling prey to the jackwagons on FB that manipulate public opinion. Have you not noticed? There is active hatred for not only the police, but for law and order going on in this countryj We are in the beginning of a budding cultural revolution to turn society against each other and remake the country into something none of us are going to like.

Thanx for doing your part!!!

That IS my opinion, because the implications are clear. And IMO there is NO reason to bring up an incident from 2018 other than to discuss the implications as regards "police behavior".

There is all kinds of trash talk on FB... do we really need to be bringing it here? Why???
Maybe we ought to just sweep this under the proverbial rug. Wonder how many would feel this way if this was their daughter that had supposedly commited suicide with her hands restrained behind her back.

OH! I know how this one ends.

You Over here!

. BE73EA38-B196-40F7-BCC4-FB5E7346A9CD_1_201_a.jpeg

I am going to OBJECT to you jumping on the bandwagon.
Not trying to be a jerk or anything but, I agree with his statement. Seems we ought to be more careful on what we post in this day and age of all the bull crap happening to our police force. Would be prudent to check article dates before posting them on a public forum.:s0155:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but, I agree with his statement. Seems we ought to be more careful on what we post in this day and age of all the bull crap happening to our police force. Would be prudent to check article dates before posting them on a public forum.:s0155:

True on the dates. I am certainly guilty of that - it wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last. How many of us do that though? How often is a zombie thread resurrected? More so with something that is a news article. It happens.

Once the date was pointed out I did google the incident and did not find any later articles on the incident, and the few I looked at were merely copy/paste of the same news article (not sure where it was posted first - most had the same date). I did find one that said it was recently updated - but it had no new info.

So I went back to the FB post and mentioned that asking for updates and more info. Probably none forthcoming.

Looks real fishy.
1. Where did the gun come from? If you're running drugs, why try to rid of the drugs but not the gun?
2. She must have contorted before going back to their car because I wouldn't leave a gun out in the open because that would make a prime target for thieves or local Karen to call 911. Then she would have had to grab it from glove box or under seat while handcuffed. Very hard to do. In which case, why not just sneak and run away?
3. Isn't normal procedure to handcuff, place the person in squad car and shut the door?
4. Body cam.

The guy was trying to get rid of evidence and fighting with the authorities. That suggest they didn't have a 'death by cop' attitude or they would have Bonnie and Clyde it. The only explanation is she was already suicidal and this presented an opportunity.

Did she work for the Clintons? :rolleyes:

And I agree with the sentiment about police bashing. I was in downtown Portland yesterday for work and saw graffiti everywhere with phrases like "Kill all Cops" and "F*** pigs".

Lawlessness will NOT make our country stronger. And using a tragedy to generalize like that is no different than any other prejudice. :mad:

And do we need 2 year old stories reposted to discuss "police behaviour"?

Nope. We have enough threads on TODAY'S issues without digging up past stories.

Closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews