Other State Opinions On This Police Shooting.

Looks like the guy answered the door with a gun, nothing wrong there. Just because someone knocks and says "police" doesn't mean it couldn't be a bad guy up to no good. Then once the guy realizes it is LE he tried to set the gun on the ground and gets shot in the process.

Looks like a dirty shoot to me.

Last edited:
After watching the video, I can definitely see the reason he had guns drawn on him when he came out with the hand on the gun, which the shooter could see. I closed my eyes and listened to the audio to hear if there were competing or contradicting commands regarding dropping the gun, but all I could here has “Show your hands, hands, hands!” and “whoa whoa whoa”. Not sure, but the “whoas” could have been the dead guy realizing who he was looking at.

I doubt this shooting will be ruled as a bad shoot for a few reasons.

1: They knocked and announced. Whether it could be anybody or not, coming outside with your hand on your gun will get guns pointed back at you if it really is the cops.

2: No competing commands, they ordered him to show hands. Problem is, when you got your hand on your gun behind your back and you’re half kneeling and iff balance, that hand coming out is a critical moment. I’m not sure how the gun ended up on the ground, but if it got there by the dead guy’s hand, that will bode well for the shooter.

3: Is it objectively reasonable for an officer to be in fear of death if a guy comes to you, as he’s been ordered after a knock and announce, with his hand on his gun? That has to be determined without hindsight because hindsight isn’t admissible. Objective reasonableness based on the totality of the circumstances.

I think the guy wasn’t in a good mood and that influenced his actions answering the door the way he did. He looks, after watching the video a couple of times, like he realizes it was a bad move and tries to rectify that. Unfortunately, it didn’t go well.

HA556

Reactions
He looks, after watching the video a couple of times, like he realizes it was a bad move and tries to rectify that. Unfortunately, it didn’t go well.
This is what I saw also. But, I think he should have been a little more careful answering the door with a side arm. Especially since the officers announced themselves. It just looked to me like he was trying to set his firearm on the ground and his motions didn't look threatening to me. Again, high stress situation and I wasn't there.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom