JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The shotgun is the single most versatile weapon of them all.
Edit to add: even more versatile than the AR....
It covers any use, and arguably most very well.

I would add my opinion, preferrable a 12ga in either a pump or semi auto. If there is truly a "one gun", its the shotgun.

The problem I'd expect is a decrease in accuracy for follow up shots by using a long Browning style action with a tilting barrel. A video of one of those 16" barrels being shot made it look floppy, even if that's an optical illusion. But I guess these are handgun calibers, so range is limited anyway.
It's not a tilting barrel - it's fixed, and comes with a feed ramp to facilitate chambering the round. Accuracy is not an issue for pistol ranges.

The shotgun is the single most versatile weapon of them all.
Edit to add: even more versatile than the AR....
It covers any use, and arguably most very well.

I would add my opinion, preferrable a 12ga in either a pump or semi auto. If there is truly a "one gun", its the shotgun.
Seriously a tough call there..

SHTF, you gotta bug out..who knows what awaits...

Urban fighting, rural, forest, close range, medium range. Can only carry so much ammo..accuracy counts...

Got an AR sitting there with 10 mags I can put in a backpack..330 rounds..and leave room for other "stuff"

Or a Mossberg 12GA 8+1 20"..stuff what...100 shells..good for 50 yards..

Man, I'm buggin out with the AR..no contest.

Seriously a tough call there..

SHTF, you gotta bug out..who knows what awaits...

Urban fighting, rural, forest, close range, medium range. Can only carry so much ammo..accuracy counts...

Got an AR sitting there with 10 mags I can put in a backpack..330 rounds..and leave room for other "stuff"

Or a Mossberg 12GA 8+1 20"..stuff what...100 shells..good for 50 yards..

Man, I'm buggin out with the AR..no contest.
Yes, but versatility is more than just urban conflict/defense.

3 pages and, unless I missed it, another pretty versatile contender I'm surprised no one has mentioned: the venerable Colt 1911.

Sadly, not my picture:

1715801454803.png

Other than defending against a mall shootout, I think any good bolt action is actually more versatile than an AR. But a feller must learn to use one.

If spraying is the number one requirement, then of course an AR. For everything else, anything else.

And yes...
81xlhWMl7FL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

If spraying is the number one requirement, then of course an AR. For everything else, anything else.

And yes...
View attachment 1882114
I dunno, there are a ridiculous number of very accurate AR (both ar15 and ar10) based rifles hitting targets at long range, and the military have been getting fantastic scores from AR based Service Rifles at Camp Perry and National Match ;)

I dunno, there are a ridiculous number of very accurate AR (both ar15 and ar10) based rifles hitting targets at long range, and the military have been getting fantastic scores from AR based Service Rifles at Camp Perry and National Match ;)
And I do know that. We all have our biases and favorites. Like Matthew Quigley said... "I said I have no use for them. I didn't say I didn't know how to use them". :cool:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top