JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Crack shot" - this one drives me batty. I have never once met someone who describes themselves as a crack shot that could hit a 5 lb coffee can at 5 paces in 5 shots, from a 12 guage with birdshot and a blunderbuss like muzzle device. :rolleyes:

This is the funniest chit I've read in a long time! Nice.:s0023:

"MIL-SPEC"

Agreed. Do you really want something that exists only because it is too expensive to replace and made by the lowest bidder? Or at least something built to those specs? The military may get the extra pew pew pew position on their selectors that we can't have, for what we can, I'd prefer it not be be made by a lowest bidder.

Last Edited:
I don't know if its already been mentioned, but I don't feel like wading through 13 pages to find out. o_O

This term really gained steam with the now (thank the Lord) defunct Red Jacket show. Every time they would bolt some doohicky onto an existing rifle it was a "game-changer". Molest a thompson sub-machine gun by adding a rail, its a "game-changer", as if every PD in the country is going to rush out and dump their H&K and M4's for a Tommy Gun. Bold a bunch of saiga shotguns to a steel disk for a gatling gun and its a "game-changer". Bolt an airsoft stock to a 10-22? Game changer (although, I must admit, I did kind of like the looks of that). Give me a fricking break. There were only two or three guys on that show that had any gunsmithing talent what-so-ever, and they seemed constantly annoyed by the other idiots (see Vince). The rest were clowns on display. But damn-it, they made "game-changers"!

Any gun that any manufacturer brings out calling it a game-changer had better blow my socks off. Re-hashing something that's been done 100 times over in a different shape or color is not game changing.

"Clip" used in place of "magazine", by far is the biggest annoyance to me. I know that people still get what you are talking about, but they'd probably get what you meant if you said "gat", but most of us don't go around calling guns "gats".

A little side story on clip vs magazine. A friend of mine has become interested in firearms and is very earnest about "getting it right" and safety. She made comment about knowing that the thing you fill with rounds and stuff into a firearm is a magazine rather than clip.

Then I showed her the Garand (enbloc) clip. :(

"assault" rifle/anything :mad:. Obviously a loaded term, pardon the pun, actually it's an assaulting term. i guess if "assault" rilfes were banned it wouldn't affect anyone anyway since noone owns an assault rifle, everyone either has a hunting rifle, or self defense rifle, or sporting rifle, or peaceful loving warm & fuzzy rifle :D, etc.. A gun is a gun, they ALL do the same thing, yet they try to make it sound like there's some special kind of gun that's made for inflicting harm. o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top