JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Methinks you have LOTS of tinfoil. :D

Maybe. And maybe tomorrow I'll shoot up all the ammo and sell all the guns. Prove me wrong on Monday morning.;)

ROFL, if you guys only knew what was sifted off of these sites.
Yep, and my Tinfoil hat has called near every bill, ballot proposal way before everyone knew it even lobbyist.:D
But hey what do I know, or should I say whom.:rolleyes:

I know its in jest, but seriously even the powers that be here know what bots hit these places and so do I.
But that really doesn't matter much as we are all politically neutral here :p. Just Unicorn and Rainbows.

Absolutely no way to answer this question. I have ammo I bought in the 80's I have reloading powder my dad bought in the 60's It would take me hours to estimate how many rounds of ammo I could make from the fixings I have on hand. As to loaded ammo no clue. But I can't reach a minimum I could only get an itch to make some more.

I am running low, 2500 30-06 2000 .270 win, 2000 .45acp, 1500 .40S&W, 500 .38spl, 500 .308 win, 500 30-30wcf , 200 .380. 200 .32 auto, plus various 12 ga. Slugs and 00.

I have components for more of each of the above list, plus components for10mm, 44 mag, 30 carbine,and dies to make them all.

I tend to buy ammo , whenever I can...if stored properly , it won't go bad in my lifetime or my grandkid's either...

I do tend to try and keep at least 5-6 pounds of black powder on hand...it can be hard to get at times...

As for a minimum number of modern ammo...nope I don't have one...It more of a catch as you can kinda thing with me.
Andy

It depends on the firearm.

For 22 rimfire, it is at least 5K per person.

For defensive rifles, because I am a prepper, 1K defense ammo (expanding ammo, not ball ammo), 1K FMJ for practice, per rifle per person. E.G., three people each with a defense rifle, would be 3K defense ammo, 3K FMJ, or 6K total. Not there yet, for the PS90s I do have 1K defense ammo per person per rifle, not there yet for Five Sevens, but I do have a 'loadout' for each person.

For defensive pistol 500 rounds defense ammo, 1K FMJ practice ammo, per defense pistol per person. I calculate that defense pistols are last ditch weapons, so not going to consume as much ammo in a defense firefight - mostly maybe a pistol mag or two.

Hunting firearms, at least 100 rounds of hunting ammo, preferably more. Since some hunting rifles use the same ammo as defense rifles, then maybe more. But hunting in SHTF probably won't use more than maybe 10 rounds per year. For handguns such as revolvers, at least 100 rounds of expanding ammo.

For shotguns - more, 100 rounds each of different hunting ammo; e.g., ammo for small birds/rabbits, ammo for ducks and geese, ammo for medium sized game such as deer, and self defense ammo (buck and slugs).

The only ammo where I am comfortable with the amounts I have is 22 rimfire. I am approaching the minimums for some of the defensive ammo and I have enough defense ammo for one or two defense pistols. Hunting ammo I am okay for a few hunting rifles and defense ammo can always be used for hunting.

I have a slingshot, and the world is full of rocks!
Assault Rocks anyone?
IMG_1074.JPG

I'm not sure there is such a thing as minimum. I think the minimum is enough to fill all your mags once. I think more in terms of minimum number of mags. I like to have at least 5 mags for any mag-fed firearm. And at least 10 for my fighting guns.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as minimum. I think the minimum is enough to fill all your mags once. I think more in terms of minimum number of mags. I like to have at least 5 mags for any mag-fed firearm. And at least 10 for my fighting guns.

For SHTF, on my person, it generally would be one mag in the firearm, and four to 6 spare mags (ideally large cap), two to three on either side of me. For the PS90, this would be 250 rounds on my person and then a mag in the Five Seven plus two spares (I am going to try one of the 30 round extended mags from CMMG) for a total of over 300 rounds of 5.7x28.

But it would depend on what I would be doing, the scenario and what I think the threat level is. If it is full on zombie apocalypse with known threats, and I am just walking around outside checking things out, then full loadout of ammo. If I am outside working in the garden/etc., then the Five Seven on my person with mags, and probably the PS90 within reach with a full load out. The idea being the Five Seven used to defend myself to get to the PS90, and the PS90 used to get to cover (probably inside the house) where larger/heavier and more effective weapons would be stored and available.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews