JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couple of years ago I bought a Taurus 24/7 oss ds in 45 caliber after reading about how bad they are I bought a Taurus PT 145 so when I got to send one or the other back to the factory for repair I would still have a gun to carry . Hasn"t happened yet but I am covered.

Springfield 1911 hands-down. Only thing better would be 2 of 'em.

Here ya' go!

SpringfieldHK45s011.jpg

SpringfieldHK45s008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Para-Ordnance P-14, fits my hand, will fire anything it's fed. Has 15 230gr. GDHP w/ 2- 16rd spare mags. Accurate enough to hit bowling pins at 100yds. Thousands of rounds through it and the only time it did not go bang is when I fed it a round with no primer in it. One time it accidently got a 10mm in the middle of a mag....it fired it....ruined the brass but no damage to the pistol...tuff gun

My XD45Tac. 13+1, accurate despite me, can go forever between cleanings. Only downside I've found so far is that it doesn't like 185gr HP's which I am thinking have a similar shape to a semi-wadcutter and I've read lots of reports about XD's and semi-wadcutters not playing very well together.

Colt Commander Series 80, almost got rid of it but didnt, shoots awesome groups, Kimber TLE/RL II with some custom mods thougth up by me with help from Dave at Southridge Arms, this thing will shoot quarter size groups all day, and is freaking awesome with the bowers atas .45 can I got.
IMAG0068-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My practical favorite is my Dan Wesson CBOB. I love the way the bobbed frame fits my hand. It's usually my EDC. My sentimental favorite is my 1951 Colt Government.
The other 1911 is the new Ruger. It's the wife's favorite!
I'm definitely a 1911 fan. I just love the way they feel in my hand. I grew up shooting single action autos and it's what I shoot best.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews