JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Commander sized 1911 Gold Dot HP 230gr
S&W Shield 40 S&W Gold Dot 180gr Short Barrel.
No particular reason for the Speer, it's just what I bought.

Commander sized 1911 Gold Dot HP 230gr
S&W Shield 40 S&W Gold Dot 180gr Short Barrel.
No particular reason for the Speer, it's just what I bought.
I've been carrying Speer for a long time mainly because I laid in so much. When they came out with the Short Barrel stuff in 9mm I tried some in my sub compact 9. Was quite impressed so bought a case of the +P SB and the +P both in 124 GDHP. In my 1911's it's normally 200 to 230 HP as I figured with them any of it's going to work. When this last panic hit I was glad I had laid in all that Speer as it took a LONG damn time to come back on the market. One of the great things about the explosion of CC people and guns. Manufacturers have done a LOT of work to come up with great ammo. Anyone who has been doing this for a while well remembers when you could not buy mail order and finding "good stuff" was often a frustrating chore. Going to stores often finding nothing. It did get me into loading though which was a good thing. Many don't realize how damn nice it is to be able to buy a box or two of different stuff to try so easy now days.

I carry Golden Sabers for 9 mm, 10 mm .40 Short and weak, and .45 ACP! Hard to find in local Shops so I have to order online. For woods carry, Buffalo Bore hard cast 220 gr in 10 mm is the go to from a 6 in barrel. every thing else is for shorty barrel length. Tried the HST's in 10 mm and found them to break apart at those speeds, Hornady Critical Defense would do the same. I used to be a HydroShok guy, especially with the short barrel loads in .45 that they have, but they don't drive very deep so fight stopping isn't quite a sure thing. 9 mm was an eye opener, used to be pretty hard to find ANY THING that would work in a short barrel 9 mm, now we have several pretty good choices to play with. I make my own Ballistic gel for testing my exact gun and bullets to find the best combo I can, I can say most of the loads listed here for 9 mm will work very well, and the .45 is starting to catch up. .40 still needs help, and 10 mm is still hard to find any thing that will work that isn't going to be Nuke Power!
The only reason I even run .40 S/W is to power down the 10 mm for a carry load, and the HST or Remmy is the go to for that.

I don't know about the Death Star thing but it sure will be a stopper which is what we are looking for.
You don't want to put that sort of a name on them because if you (Heaven Forbid) ever have to use your gun you don't want to give a prosecutor ammunition that he can use against you!
Just imagine you are in court for shooting Joe Blow and killed him. If that prosecutor is on the ball he will get your computer and can trace everything you have said about firearms.
I would never use RIP as my EDC ammo for this very reason, what you say can come back and bite you in your posterior.
I suggest you go back and edit or even delete your post for your own good.
Gabby

I don't know about the Death Star thing but it sure will be a stopper which is what we are looking for.
You don't want to put that sort of a name on them because if you (Heaven Forbid) ever have to use your gun you don't want to give a prosecutor ammunition that he can use against you!
Just imagine you are in court for shooting Joe Blow and killed him. If that prosecutor is on the ball he will get your computer and can trace everything you have said about firearms.
I would never use RIP as my EDC ammo for this very reason, what you say can come back and bite you in your posterior.
Gabby
Certainly wisdom and self preservation in this post, not a bad thought.

Gabby
Very good points.

Yeah, any decent bullet in a .45 is gonna do the job.

That's why I like it........

And well in my EDC its factory stuff.......I reload but why give anyone a chance to try and get me if I actually have to use it..... I would rather just have a normal load you can get over the counter.....

Here's a Federal HST I was able to recover during a range trip a while back. Been carrying them ever since.

IMG_20150808_082441504.jpg

My edc concealed carry and only carry is a 4" S&W K-frame in .357 mag with two moonclips. So far just carrying .38 spl reloads that I use for target practice; 158 gr. X-treme bullets going at about 900 fps. I don't want to carry something I don't use in practice and can't afford the fancy stuff. (Note to lawyer--target, not "killer" bullets.)

I will switch to .357 mag when I get up to speed on a good load. Also will consider hollow points. Dunno what the penetration might be with the solids so I try to think ahead on avoiding "twofers" in defensive situations.

My edc concealed carry and only carry is a 4" S&W K-frame in .357 mag with two moonclips. So far just carrying .38 spl reloads that I use for target practice; 158 gr. X-treme bullets going at about 900 fps. I don't want to carry something I don't use in practice and can't afford the fancy stuff. (Note to lawyer--target, not "killer" bullets.)

I will switch to .357 mag when I get up to speed on a good load. Also will consider hollow points. Dunno what the penetration might be with the solids so I try to think ahead on avoiding "twofers" in defensive situations.
Not a re-loader myself, but I have been considering a Lee Loader in 38 and another in 357. I would shoot mostly out of my Taurus 605, a snubby and my 4 5/8" Blackhawk, so I was considering these Short Barrel Gold Dots for both 38 and 357 (Okay I could shoot them out of my 6" GP-100 too)

Not a re-loader myself, but I have been considering a Lee Loader in 38 and another in 357. I would shoot mostly out of my Taurus 605, a snubby and my 4 5/8" Blackhawk, so I was considering these Short Barrel Gold Dots for both 38 and 357 (Okay I could shoot them out of my 6" GP-100 too)
I started out with a Lee Loader and quickly went to a single stage, that was over 30 years ago... Still using those original Lee dies an single stage, loaded tens of thousands of rounds...

That's why I like it........

And well in my EDC its factory stuff.......I reload but why give anyone a chance to try and get me if I actually have to use it..... I would rather just have a normal load you can get over the counter.....

There is nothing wrong with finding and buying the best, especially if your loved ones or your life is on the line, which is why I went to Federal HST personal Defense ammo.
Personal Defense is the catch phrase!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads