JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yeah I was lucky to find it on here actually. good price too fired a few boxes for function check and have kept them loaded since. never have had any issues in my colt m&P or sig. they make pretty good fireballs too

C6DA950E-3D3D-480B-81F4-C8DF76EE41BD_zpstiuxix1m.jpg

It just dawned on me.. a lotta guys saying "I carry what the cops carry!".. and bless them and your hearts, but- there's a lot a good ammo out there and we've all heard stories about what good shots the police generally can be.
ie, it might serve one well to have ammo different than the coppers when they start sifting through the bodies and doing their cipherin'. anyway, just a thought

Anyone here have any good .380 suggestions?
I use regular strength Underwood with XTP projectiles, It has worked in all ten of my 380's, never a malfunction. It is loaded on the strong side of normal. They do have +P also but I think it is too much for a little light gun, a G-42 can take it, as it is on the big side for a pocket pistol, but a LCP or RM-380...it just hurts you too much. I have a good many others that I have tried, but this is what I settled on.

This^^^

PDX1 seems to be of sufficient expansion for a .380. The problem is trying to get enough velocity from a 2" or at most 3" barrel to cause expansion, without being so hot they're unbearable to shoot...
Well, its got the nod from two folks. After I get through my Remington UD ammo this weekend Ill give the PDX1 a shot and see how well it stacks up. Thanks guys.

I'm with @Stomper on this one. However, here is a link to some information you might find interestingand his video.

Final Results of the .380 ACP Ammo Quest

Thank you for the video! Yeah, I carry a 9 or 45 from time to time.. however the idea of a pocket carry wallet holstered firearm just seemed too fun to pass up. So Im getting back into .380 after a good 7+ years after ditching the caliber completely.

So, Ive been carrying 9mm Hornady 135gr Critical Duty in my Sub compact EDC and 147gr Winchester HP in my Compact.

Curious what other defensive loads guys swear by, what caliber also the firearm you carry it in. Anyone switch out winter and summer carry loads?

I typically carry something light and refreshing during the summer months. During the fall and early winter, there's just nothing like good ole' Pumpkin Spice bullets! For the holidays, I like something minty and chocolaty in the chamber. After New Year and in to the spring, I like something warm, but not too spicy.

I hope people see the blatant parody in the previous paragraph. Winter and summer carry loads? Seriously? I don't think that dude was serious.

I carry whatever self-defense rounds were on sale at Bi-Mart. People will talk this subject to death when the reality is that most of us would have real trouble putting ANY type of rounds on target during a stress fire situation.

I typically carry something light and refreshing during the summer months. During the fall and early winter, there's just nothing like good ole' Pumpkin Spice bullets! For the holidays, I like something minty and chocolaty in the chamber. After New Year and in to the spring, I like something warm, but not too spicy.

I hope people see the blatant parody in the previous paragraph. Winter and summer carry loads? Seriously? I don't think that dude was serious.

I carry whatever self-defense rounds were on sale at Bi-Mart. People will talk this subject to death when the reality is that most of us would have real trouble putting ANY type of rounds on target during a stress fire situation.

Just for that last sentence, I'm quoting you in "that thread"..... :D

Cool story bro.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top