JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Whats the best part about range day?

• Hanging with the guys

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Shooting your favorite gun

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Learning new things

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • making your groups tighter

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • All the above

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
Range day alone or with friends is supremely relaxing, and always a joy to shoot.
I have taken three snowflakes to the range with one intention and converted their anti-gun attitudes in the process.

Now what I hate about RANGE day lol.
A few months ago when me and my sister went with Andy SHOOTING I took 10 guns and we all shot them .then I had to come home and CLEAN 10 GUNS LOL
Kwityerbubblegumin :D

I, strange enough, like when things go slightly wrong. Provides a chance to ask questions of, and learn from, others who possess more and different knowledge than myself. I think it was @Joe13 who told me to polish my ati 1911s feed ramp to assist with the feed of jhp ammo. That pistol now has roughly 1000 rounds through, at least 100 pd ammo, and any failure has either been operator based or due to cheap mag springs.

The only thing I dislike about range day is when new guys barrel sweep everyone while debating stances and grips.

I, strange enough, like when things go slightly wrong. Provides a chance to ask questions of, and learn from, others who possess more and different knowledge than myself. I think it was @Joe13 who told me to polish my ati 1911s feed ramp to assist with the feed of jhp ammo. That pistol now has roughly 1000 rounds through, at least 100 pd ammo, and any failure has either been operator based or due to cheap mag springs.

The only thing I dislike about range day is when new guys barrel sweep everyone while debating stances and grips.

Not sure I can take credit for that... but I'm glad that worked out for you;).

Belonging to a private club sure does start to make things like safety around others a much smaller stress but I remember a few times at the pit that I was uncomfortable around some folks.

Another of my favorite things of range day is
Teaching...and sharing.

Its one thing to talk of old guns and history....Its a whole other thing to talk history , then shoot a historic gun..that might have been there...so to speak.

Teaching and sharing that of which I love .
My interests are under attack...
Guns and gun owners are often stereotyped and vilified.
To get a chance and show a non gun person that :

Yes you can be around guns and no one gets hurt...
That gun folks are friendly and willing to share what they have and know , when you ask a question respectfully without judgement...

To watch a person who has never fired a gun before , touch off a 150 odd year old rifle and hit a gong...yeah those are nice range days....:D
Andy

Not sure I can take credit for that... but I'm glad that worked out for you;).

Belonging to a private club sure does start to make things like safety around others a much smaller stress but I remember a few times at the pit that I was uncomfortable around some folks.
It was @nammac . Went back and checked. Thanks!
I like to take newbies to the woods and give them a short and basic primer first, so the range staff doesn't have cause to bust their agates, and mine by association, but I don't find that many woods spots provide a knowledge base like that of a range. But, if you need to know how to Jerry rig a mag spring for increased leverage, go find you a bubba.

The question that only @AndyinEverson can answer.... when @EPS is there in person talking, does he use commas and periods or does he just run-on talk likehe types?

:s0140:

:D;)

Yes he does....its up to you to figure out which is which however....:D
Just kidding , actually EPS is kinda quiet ...One of those guys who lets his rifle do his talking for him...:D
Andy

I find it fun when I have my .22LR dialed in for 200y and I'm hitting an 8" plate out there like it's at 50y while others are missing with their higher powered rifles.

Next time you get up this way if it's a Saturday you me and @AndyinEverson need to get together and burn some powder .
If it's hunting season we will have to go to a range .but the one that Andy and I went to the other day .we were there by ourselves most of the time.you can shoot pistols and muzzleloader Rifle there .or 22 RIFLE but I don't think they let you shoot big RIFLES .

Absolutely I would love to burn powder with you and Andy. :)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top