JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Whats the best part about range day?

• Hanging with the guys

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Shooting your favorite gun

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Learning new things

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • making your groups tighter

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • All the above

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
Pretty simple. What is your favorite thing about going to the range?

For me it is simple. Going to the range and spending time shooting and enjoying it with good friends and great people are tops on the list. But it never fails that I go to the range with like minded people and I learn something new either from someone I just met or from the guys that I go with.

Some of the best days of the year are spent at the range with the guys. What is your favorite and why!

Yep I always try to learn something .
I just had a range day on Saturday with @AndyinEverson .
He helped me with my muzzleloader set up.
And we shot a few guns we spent about 4 hours Shooting muzzleloaders .
And he had his 22 RIFLE and I brought a 9mm and 45 pistol had great day . thanks again Andy for all your help . IMG_20180825_124053.jpg IMG_20180825_124034.jpg

Even a bad day at the range is better than a good day somewhere else.

Yes, even if you blow up your gun.

If you blow up your gun .YOU LEARNED SOMETHING.
right now you know not to do that again LOL
Knowing me, I'd still probably be smiling the whole time, while, searching for my missing finger.

Going alone is ok and a nice time to try and tighten groups.

Going with friends is a lot of fun to try different guns and get advice on form and technique.

I shoot a lot less in a group cuz we BS so much which makes it cheaper but it's nice to be in an area where most people's politics line up and you don't have to censor what you say like in the city.

Most of the time I come home a bit tired but also very de-stressed so it's always worth the short trip up.

I went both day this last weekend, pistols and then rifles - they were both great days;)

And you got three rounds downrange between the both of you.;):D

Bein' facetious :)
Well close I think in the four hours I shot about 25 ROUNDS in the muzzleloader lol .
But we ran a few mags Through the pistols also .we spent some time in the store with him helping me get all the stuff I needed to get.and talking with the owners of the store and range.

Well I can say this when you go with Andy he always brings a different old gun .to shoot the time before he brought his HAWKIN.
This time he brought a old and really long Flintlock .so you ALWAYS learn something new

Love getting some solo time in nature. No rushing, having some lunch, enjoying the silence and solitude. Shooting has always been valued me time. Time to get away and unwind.

Now what I hate about RANGE day lol.
A few months ago when me and my sister went with Andy SHOOTING I took 10 guns and we all shot them .then I had to come home and CLEAN 10 GUNS LOL

That's the way I felt in AZ... when I could just go a few miles and shoot at will. Here it seems more like a chore. I still like it, but it's more work and costs more.

It totally is a chore, a drive, and a takes at minimum and hour to get somewhere to shoot from the city. But it's worthnit for a few hours away from people to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top