JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My two Kimber of Oregon, bolt rifles. A M82 in .22K Hornet and a M84 in .223.

In the late '80's I was employed as a machinist at Kimber. The two rifles I bought were customized by myself and my friends! My regular duties were triggers, sears, extractors including the M84's Mauser style "claw" extractor. I chose the exotic woods and style of the stocks, and the department head did the work! I fitted the parts I machined and did all of the metal polishing and all of the other fitting and assembly to finish the rifles.
Oh, did all the bluing too!
They really are extraordinary and beautiful pieces! Farkin accurate too! :D

Last Edited:
DSC06041.jpg
My favorite build is the pistol at the bottom in the picture.
I built it from spare parts we had in the shop.
It has a .54 caliber barrel made from a chunk of an old rifle barrel .
A homemade conversion of a L&R lock ( Flint to Percussion )
The stock is from a piece of maple we had laying around,
I think the only item I purchased for this build was the trigger guard.
Andy

Last Edited:
My latest one, built by me:
7mm Long Range Magnum, a wildcat designed by Gunwerks:
  • Rem 700 LA Stainless action
  • McGowen 26" 1:8.5 barrel, Natan Wright 4 port muzzle brake
  • MDT TAC-21 chassis, Luth-AR MBA-1 buttstock, AICS 338LM magnum box magazine.
  • Primary Arms 4-14x44 ACSS R-Grid FFP scope on 1pc scope mount
  • Cartridge: take a .375 Ruger brass, shorten the shoulder 0.185", neck it down to 7mm. Shoots a 189 gr bullet ~3,050 fps. Making the brass is a PITA, after making 50, I now buy them premade from Gunwerks.
  • Total weight, 11.6 lbs with glass.
  • Total cost, including $550 for Rem 700 BDL rifle used for it's action, $2,085.
  • Excluding cost of brass, each round costs ~76¢ (bullet, powder, primer)
7mmLRM_wildcat.jpg

Last Edited:
For fun and Zombies
IMG_20161101_211932.jpg

300 blk 7.5" for well fun and hunting in thick brush or in the blind or my tree stand.
300blk_short.jpg

6.5 Grendel for hunting and busting milk jugs at 520 yards...BTW its getting boring at that distance need to find a place to strech it out more.
unnamed88.jpg

Last Edited:
Im most proud of my single shot 50 bmg. Tactilite upper, single shot 80% AR15 lower, Executive arms grip where I made my own walnut grip panels. Best part is it shoots and has not blown up
mKKMc94.jpg

For fun and Zombies
6.5 Grendel for hunting and busting milk jugs at 520 yards...BTW its getting boring at that distance need to find a place to strech it out more.View attachment 325659
1 Word: Sexy!

Im most proud of my single shot 50 bmg. Tactilite upper, single shot 80% AR15 lower, Executive arms grip where I made my own walnut grip panels. Best part is it shoots and has not blown up
View attachment 325662
Me Likey! I'll have to go back and read your posts from when you built it.... What was your total cost to build it?

1 Word: Sexy!
Me Likey! I'll have to go back and read your posts from when you built it.... What was your total cost to build it?

Thinking back about $2200 without the optic. I got a deal on the upper since there was an unexpected delay in my order, I waited for a good deal on the Magpul PRS and the GG&G bipod. You could get under $2000 with less expensive parts.

I like building Battle Rifles from Kits when ever I can get them! Just starting a "new" BM59E build that I have managed to scrounge all the needed parts for! Also getting a "new" AR180 build with a new lower that takes AR-15 mags and other parts, plus, it improves on what should have been Americas Battle Rifle instead of the -16/M4. This one gets me really excited!
Greetings Ura-Ki,
I am looking for the dimensions to machine cut clearance for a BM59E bolt latch switch into a Garand receiver that has the original tiny slot. I was wondering if you found such a drawing or if you just reverse engineered it for your project?
Whereabouts might I look for that information?
Grazi Mille

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads