JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing exciting,
I recently built an AR10 for hunting.
Aero Upper and lower in FDE.
All Aero internals
Magpul SL butt stock in FDE
Guntec keymod 15" rail in FDE
16" Faxon arms 5R barrel
Kaw Valley linesr comp in FDE.

So far really happy with it. Now if I can just find an elk to really test it.

IMG_2536.JPG

This one...

IMG_0756.JPG

The black gun builds don't really hold much interest to me anymore. It's all kitchen table gunsmithing anymore. A little more steel and walnut for me. Since I have the tools and knowledge, I like a bit more of a challenge...

I have built a number of rifles and a couple pistols.

Rifles:

Savage MKII FVT (bull barrel target model with peep sights)
Highly modified Boyds Tacticool stock
Mueller 4.4-14 mil dot scope.

17435896-lg.jpg

and with Iron sights
17435850-lg.jpg

Springfield M1903 c1918
I brought this back from a sporter (that had luckily not been cut except for the stock.
Again a Highly modified Boyds reproduction stock made to look like the proper finger groove it would have had in Feb 1918 when it left the armory.
M1903finishedsideview1-1.jpg

as I got it:
M1903-A1firstphotos001w.jpg

My Thompson Center Hawkin that has been modified with a Green Mountain 34" 1-72 twist round ball target barrel. This was built from a Kit. I looked through 18 different kits all over the Portland area back in 1981 before I selected this piece of wood. I also made the accessories.

50calHawkinPlainsjpg.jpg

There are others but these photograph well LOL

My first EBR because I built it during the panic and so scrounged parts but got an Aero lower, a decent BCM middie HBAR upper and then Magpulled it together. I am new to ARs so it was rewarding to put one together that shoots better than I do.... I feel like an dog owner neutering a thoroughbred cause I have to dehorn it to take it to Kommifornia. Sorry, didn't mean to get political in a build thread.

Brutus Out

7.5" 300 BO , BCM side charging upper , POF trigger in a Stoner billet lower, LAW tactical side folder. SBR. Ive got 4 AR SBR's and this is the smoothest shooting and arguably the most reliable.

497p5B.jpg

This one...

View attachment 321987

The black gun builds don't really hold much interest to me anymore. It's all kitchen table gunsmithing anymore. A little more steel and walnut for me. Since I have the tools and knowledge, I like a bit more of a challenge...

That's gorgeous. I build ARs for ease and function. But that is art.
I would hang it on my wall, not hide it in a gun safe.

DSC_0171 copy.JPG
My heavily modified Smith & Wesson model 659. I shot competition with this (we will just say a lot of years of go.)

I tightened the slide, bobbed the hammer, stoned the trigger, made an enlarged mag release button, tapered the nose of the slide, hand mad grips to fit my hand (they looked a lot better before 7k rnds and 20 years), bead blasted and modified the safety so it could be carried cocked and locked just like the Smith 745 competition.

One of my first big projects.

I like building Battle Rifles from Kits when ever I can get them! Just starting a "new" BM59E build that I have managed to scrounge all the needed parts for! Also getting a "new" AR180 build with a new lower that takes AR-15 mags and other parts, plus, it improves on what should have been Americas Battle Rifle instead of the -16/M4. This one gets me really excited!

I'm still assembling the parts for my first build (gasblock, charging handle and freefloat handguard to go then assembly begins!

So far I'm feeling pretty good about what I have lined up.

Just wanting to see what cool/rewarding things others have built. My current list feels a bit repetitive so I was hoping to be inspired!:)

I know some of your list, and although repetitive it's darned impressive.

Mine was a 7.5" AR pistol with all the trimmings. My first, but definitely NOT last AR build. I chose a pistol as my first, to be different! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top