JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am the Dean of Students at my school...
So since I don't want to give myself detention... :D
I carry my old Boy Scout pocket knife.

At other times and places...
My carry will be my Colt Series '70 in .45ACP.
As for the why....'Cause I shoot very well with it...and I know it works.
Andy
I had you for a flint kinda guy... at most a Colt Dragoon, 2nd model... :D

Gonna take this bad boy to the range soon and if it's all good it will be the go to carry piece. 365xl

20230628_185810.jpg

Summer months a sig p290rs, a bersa 380, cs40 , or a colt officer model.
Winter/fall a 357 or a 40.
I am fortunate that I can choose.

We do this subject here from time to time, don't we? I had to run through the posts to make sure I wasn't repeating myself in the same thread.

I've had the permit for 36 years but I practically never carry. I'm careful about where and when I go. These days, I figure it's easy enough for an innocent person to get in trouble in a defensive situation. If you are cleared of a criminal charge, there is always the potential for civil litigation against you, especially if you are a person of property. I lead a fairly careful life, but as an elder, my fear of death isn't all that strong now. I'm more fearful of living in poverty as an elder.

Currently I'm carrying an 1890s Imperial Arms co. top break revolver in .38 s&w.

People give me hell for carrying an antique but this is 100% reliable and I figure that 5 shots is perfectly adequate.

I carry the largest pistol I can comfortable carry depending on how I am dressed. This usually means pocket carrying the DB9. When I go to the big city (Portland) I will usually make room for the XD mod 2 3.3" in .45acp. The XD mod 2 is an excellent pistol with an excellent trigger. It is my favorite plastic gun. Personally I would rather have a larger, more powerful round than more bullets in the gun... just my personal preference. I believe the first shot is the one that counts and I want to make the biggest impact possible.

0128192149a - Copy.jpg

It's a Springfield, so it'll run. I've had several XD's that just plain work, like a Glock with a much improved grip angle. Just be ready for the old "grip zone" comments to come along shortly because that's all they got :D
I was pretty relentless about making fun of the Springfield "Grip Zone". In return Springfield discontinued my favorite plastic pistol, the XD mod 2 3.3" subcompact in .45 acp. Other than the stupid "grip zone" moniker it really does have an excellent and very comfortable grip! ...the best plastic grip I have ever come across. But then there is the trigger... and the trigger on the XD mod 2 is just awesome! Not tuned 1911 trigger awesome but better than any other plastic pistol trigger I have ever shot awesome!

Last Edited:
Smith & Wesson 442 Pro Series

I find myself carrying a J-frame revolver more and more as time goes on. The convenience ensures it is always on me, aided by the various methods I'm able to carry it (IWB, pocket, ankle, etc). I practice enough with it that I'm confident in my ability with it in a self defense situation.

I have always thought highly of k frame snub nose like the model 10 and 15. They provide a larger grip and in general are more controllable with +p loads
I will be looking for one in 357 but see no need to use anything more than the +p

Got 2 that I use as carry guns depending on the season. Summer time I run a p365, jacket seasons I tend to carry my CZ PCR. Prefer to carry the PCR because I have more time behind it and it is much more enjoyable to shoot. I'm skinny though so without a jacket the print from that gun can be seen from a mile away

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top