JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love Subaru's!
That car does not look like a Subaru, I recall seeing the SVX model but it was very pricy and I bought a boring 1993 Subaru Legacy AWD seden instead. I own that car for 15 years and put 250K miles in it. It need some work on the engine but I bought a 2008 Subaru Impreza that I still drive to this day.

I also recall the Subaru XT as well.

That car does not look like a Subaru, I recall seeing the SVX model but it was very pricy and I bought a boring 1993 Subaru Legacy AWD seden instead. I own that car for 15 years and put 250K miles in it. It need some work on the engine but I bought a 2008 Subaru Impreza that I still drive to this day.

I also recall the Subaru XT as well.

No, it's definitely a Subaru :s0140:

With regards to the topic of the thread:

One aspect of firearms handling is the weird periods when you need the gun handy but you aren't actively shooting. Post action, holding a suspect at gunpoint, moving rapidly.

When I was in OCS in '96, one of my classmates was a decorated SEAL. I asked him about Glocks (wet environments, etc.), and he said that while they used them for plainclothes stuff, they didn't trust the light triggers around straps and ropes. Take that for what it's worth.

When the shooting stops,:
For decock only, decock the trigger.
For decocker safety (Walther, 92FS), decock and return to fire.
For DAO, do nothing.
For single action (1911, BHP), safety on. Keep your thumb on the safety if things are tense.
For Safe Action, either place your finger in a way to keep the trigger guard covered if you are moving through the woods, or reholster. But this would be a limitation of Glocks - most people regard holsters as the safety.

An out of the box option is to lock the slide open on a full mag. Then you can keep the gun in one hand, put it back in service by thumbing the slide release.

How about we re-title this: "Cops shouldn't point their guns at people that they're not legally justified in killing."

I learned the four safety rules, but for some reason 2 of them don't apply to officers. The public shouldn't accept this any longer. Pointing a gun at someone is a use of force, and unless their is a good reason to do so, it should be a crime for cops just like it is for the rest of us.

I see you clarified that. ;)
Just was using the OP's title....
Those are still fun and useful revolvers.
More there too 'em than just what a ballistic table suggests.

With that said...should law enforcement go back to carrying those...no , not really.
But at least if they did...they would no longer be carrying a polymer pistol... :eek: :D

Just kidding 'bout the polymer pistol , kinda...
They work and are popular for many reasons....just not for me.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top