JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a Springfield, so it'll run. I've had several XD's that just plain work, like a Glock with a much improved grip angle. Just be ready for the old "grip zone" comments to come along shortly because that's all they got :D
It's got a pinky extension and being a 9mm, you can handle it with 2 fingers either way.

It's a Springfield, so it'll run. I've had several XD's that just plain work, like a Glock with a much improved grip angle. Just be ready for the old "grip zone" comments to come along shortly because that's all they got :D
I'm heavily considering getting an XDS in 9 and their now discontinued XDM10mm

If I'm going to carry then a G-26 w/ a + 2 extension. Shoots almost as well as my G17. I've got huge hands and the extension works great. Can also use a 17 mag with an extension sleeve if I'm nervous about capacity.

My first pistol after years of no firearms was an XD 9, and I don't care what anybody says, those Croatian guns just work great and are super reliable.

I am the Dean of Students at my school...
So since I don't want to give myself detention... :D
I carry my old Boy Scout pocket knife.

At other times and places...
My carry will be my Colt Series '70 in .45ACP.
As for the why....'Cause I shoot very well with it...and I know it works.
Andy
Spelt 'blunderbuss' Wong.

Today I think I'll bring along the ole Shillelagh, nice blackthorn walking stick, directly from the Emerald Isle…. Not that I need it for walking, makes a great noggin thumper!

C58732B0-FBAA-43AE-8CB9-D0CC218290B3.jpeg

I have 3 in rotation if 114 Is derailed ill be adding the sig 365 macro

Shield plus performance center 3in

Shield plus performance center 4in w/red dot

S&W CSX.

Gee whiz, I wonder if there could be an existing thread or two (or dozen) going on this beat to death subject. :rolleyes:
Agree. I don't know how many people have smaller truck guns or off-body carry guns but that's something we have a lot more options now than we used to have. That would be an interesting thread. But maybe nobody carries those I dunno. In Portland it has me changing my habits of what I carry that's for sure. Had shooting nearby I counted about 40 rounds.

For edc seems to me if you have it with you, can shoot it well under duress, and it's reliable then most any pistola works (with possible exception of mouse calibers). Just so many good options for reliable edc guns now we are lucky. Seems to me that situational awareness, being able to function well under life and death pressure, and decision making are bigger factors than what gun is used.

Last Edited:
Work Gun - Glock 17 Gen 5 w/ Ameriglo Trooper night sights in a Safariland 7390 ALS holster.
Off duty/concealed carry - Glock 26 Gen 5 w/ Ameriglo Protector sights in a JM Custom Kydex IWB 3 holster. Sometimes I will also carry a S&W 442 .38 in an MK-Tek IWB holster with a speed strip in my pocket if I'm feeling lazy or wearing super light clothing.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top