JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WC CQB Compact when I'm not worried about my sweat on a blued gun. Beretta 92g Compact LTT Elite otherwise. Both OWB with one spare mag.

Current 4 pistols I rotate, I own many more but these are the ones I'm carrying now.

RIA officer 1911 (45acp)
S&W 99 (.40) - recent pick up-
Taurus 605 (357) *current carry*
S&W Bodyguard (380)

All four of those I swap in and out now.
As for why I carry them, I shoot insanely well with all four of these.
No real reason as for rotation anymore, it's whatever I'm feeling like carrying that day. Often the SW bodyguard is used for quick trips to the store though.

Typically can be found with a S&W 642 or Sig P365 tucked in the waistband. If headed into the dragons lair (Portland, Seattle, Salem, Olympia) then it'd be a high capacity wondernine. Regardless of what's carried, 3 or 4 reloads also accompanies…

Well mine may be controversial but it's what I have and I haven't been in a place to upgrade for a little while so currently:

SCCY CPX-2 9mm 10 round - more of a get off me gun and better than nothing/I won't cry if it is taken as evidence. Hornady Self Defense. 1 extra mag

Walther P22 .22lr 10 round - cargo shorts pocket gun. Again a better than nothing but this and the SCCY have proven to be extremely reliable. Mini mags. 1 extra mag

Glock 17 9mm 17 round - OWB carry on all but the hottest days and even then I can make it work if I really feel like I may be in need or if I travel outside my local area. Hornady Self Defense. 1 - 17 round & 1 - 32 round extra mags.

I'd like to get a 2nd Gen S&W Shield in 9mm to replace the top 2 I just haven't gotten around to it.

Edit: GP100 6" SS in the woods open carry with .357mag whatever looks nasty and I have on hand. 2 reloads.

I carry a TON of guns. In my "rotation" are:

Glock 43
Ruger LCP
Glock 19
Glock 21
S&W 686+ 5"
S&W 19 performance center
S&W 340

All depends on location, weather, mood, specific clothing (340 goes in a Carhartt jacket front pocket oh so nicely) and sometimes what was already out of the safe and I just don't feel like going back in. I think I carried the 21 in summer once. I felt the eyes of sauron all around me, so that was clearly too much gun for that situation.

My always carry has been a Ruger LCPII 380 for a few years. Drop it in pocket when I leave. "Normal" carry is one of my GM 1911's as long as I can keep back covered which is almost always. In winter here often use an old KT P11 for coat pocket carry.

G23 w/+2 extensions or Kahr MK40 on occasion.

Why? Basically just the balance between caliber/capacity and EDC weight/size. It's a comfortable carry for me and I'm able to shoot well with it.

Secondary... if involved in a defensive shooting... the G23 isn't a very expensive firearm with no emotional attachment to it if it's held and mishandled/abused during the course of any potential investigation. Easily replaceable.

I am the Dean of Students at my school...
So since I don't want to give myself detention... :D
I carry my old Boy Scout pocket knife.

At other times and places...
My carry will be my Colt Series '70 in .45ACP.
As for the why....'Cause I shoot very well with it...and I know it works.
Andy

Springfield Hellkitty and Ruger Max
I just got a hellcat too. I like it, but I've gotta get out to the range a bit before I carry it. It's brand new, so I don't see why it would have issues, but I'm not fond of carrying anything I haven't taken out to get comfortable with. I imagine it's gong to be my regular edc.

I just got a hellcat too. I like it, but I've gotta get out to the range a bit before I carry it. It's brand new, so I don't see why it would have issues, but I'm not fond of carrying anything I haven't taken out to get comfortable with. I imagine it's gong to be my regular edc.
It's a Springfield, so it'll run. I've had several XD's that just plain work, like a Glock with a much improved grip angle. Just be ready for the old "grip zone" comments to come along shortly because that's all they got :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top