JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't know if this got posted as I did not remember seeing it. Watching the video was AMAZING! Argument with a couple at drive through window. Leads to employee throwing things at the driver and driver responds. Employee gets her gun out and tries to shoot into the vehicle with drivers Wife and Child. The most amazing part is when the employer then starts to clean up like nothing just happened and her behavior was "normal". Guess it happened couple years ago but was in the news now due to Lawyers going after Jack over hiring her :eek:

Brings on a whole new meaning to :
"Do you fries with that ? "

Not sure how Jack in Box is responsible here...
However I do understand the idea of suing where the money is at.

In any event...not a good look for gun owners.
Andy

It does not say in the article, but I am going to go out on a limb and say this was not exactly "legal carry". Probably not even legal possession/ownership. This seems to be a case of "hire the criminally insane, get predictable results".

I am not sure how I feel about the lawsuit itself. If this lady had a history of violent outbursts I would be inclined to favor the plaintiff, but it would have to be something that JB would reasonable be able to find out. If crazy employee had be put into a ton of "diversion programs" and had no solid paper trail on her crazy then how could you reasonably say that JB could have known?

I am not sure how I feel about the lawsuit itself. If this lady had a history of violent outbursts I would be inclined to favor the plaintiff, but it would have to be something that JB would reasonable be able to find out. If crazy employee had be put into a ton of "diversion programs" and had no solid paper trail on her crazy then how could you reasonably say that JB could have known?
Yeah im not certain how a BGC would have prevented this unless it was a law companies have to not hire people with convictions.

Brings on a whole new meaning to :
"Do you fries with that ? "

Not sure how Jack in Box is responsible here...
However I do understand the idea of suing where the money is at.

In any event...not a good look for gun owners.
Andy
Don't you get it? it's the evil guns fault, it took over the person's heart and mind and made them lash out in such a violent way!

😏

Yep I VERY much doubt she legally owned that gun or could even own one at all. Given how cavalier she was after the shoot this could NOT possibly be her first run in with law. Don't know how the call went out but was shocked to see the first LEO pull up to speak to her at the window too. Had to have had no idea what had just happened. It is sad that Jack will of course have to pay out to make this go away. I mean WTF do they really want these places to do? They can't find people to take these jobs to begin with so its not like they can be real picky with who they hire. I am quite sure the people who hired her had NO idea she was packing that gun at work.

Yeah im not certain how a BGC would have prevented this unless it was a law companies have to not hire people with convictions.
yeah, that would be about it unless you really wanted to dig. Most BGCs for hiring are basically yea or nay, not "hey this person has super violent proclivities and is not suitable for public interactions". If you want that kind of detail you have to pull records yourself, and just hope everything is available to the public. That is totally unreasonable for entry level positions with virtually no responsibility.

Honestly this is more on our court system. People who are not suitable for public interaction should not be in public, end of story. Instead of filling our prisons with non-violent offenders most long term incarcerations should be reserved for people we don't want around other people. I am willing to bet this person had a history that could have predicted and interaction like this. It is super rare that such outbursts happen in a vacuum, there is usually a long paper trail that precedes them.

But our government has "qualified immunity" so their failures are untouchable. And in our sue-happy society you really only go after the deepest pockets anyway. When it comes to government liability they are always broke, right? "Oh, our liabilities are paid out of this fund with no money in it. No, no, our legal fund is a differnt budget item, totally seperate entity you cant touch. . . "

I thought that shootings over food only happened at Whammyburger.

IMG_1338.jpeg

yeah, that would be about it unless you really wanted to dig. Most BGCs for hiring are basically yea or nay, not "hey this person has super violent proclivities and is not suitable for public interactions". If you want that kind of detail you have to pull records yourself, and just hope everything is available to the public. That is totally unreasonable for entry level positions with virtually no responsibility.

Honestly this is more on our court system. People who are not suitable for public interaction should not be in public, end of story. Instead of filling our prisons with non-violent offenders most long term incarcerations should be reserved for people we don't want around other people. I am willing to bet this person had a history that could have predicted and interaction like this. It is super rare that such outbursts happen in a vacuum, there is usually a long paper trail that precedes them.

But our government has "qualified immunity" so their failures are untouchable. And in our sue-happy society you really only go after the deepest pockets anyway. When it comes to government liability they are always broke, right? "Oh, our liabilities are paid out of this fund with no money in it. No, no, our legal fund is a differnt budget item, totally seperate entity you cant touch. . . "
That's because our government is too busy sending our tax money to Ukraine so the Ukrainian government can make their payroll…. and give out huge quarterly bonuses to Ukrainian government big-shots.

:s0118:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top