JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
  • Ordered a few hundred rounds of .44 Magnum.
  • Reviewed canned goods situation with side-kick.
  • Bought four books in a preparedness series for one of my children.
  • Bid on an Astra 44 for sale. (No idea where it will go at this point.)

Took a defensive shotgun course for fun, some nice things to learn... Used my VR80 with a variety of mags, made some of the drills more interesting given reloading since I could just change mags...

Built a couple a magazine holders, they functioned beautifully.

Some holster, belt clips and rare earth bar magnets.

They held the 5rd and 9rd mags nicely, I could move around without fear of loosing them, the 19rd mag, I could still move around and it was secure but given the size, I would not want to try and run with the 19rd attached.

Easier than a dump pouch to attach and detach..
Since they can pivot, they move with you and your belt...

20220731_202428.jpg

I took the Garand out for some practice.

And.....I took the Ruger 10/22 out. The red dot scope's battery died after three shots. Replaced it and I was back in business.

Aloha, Mark

Yesterday I went to the cardiologist. I am going to get nuked again because it is four years since I last got nuked.

He gave me 90 day supply refills - which is good. So I ordered them. We'll see when the next refill is. Monthly refills are every three weeks. Found out no statins are safe with CBD, so CBD is out.

did my grocery shopping - got another 20# vacuum bag of rice at Costco (the one off Jenkins/158th). Some of the bags were loose packed but most were hard packed and therefore assumed by me to be vacuum packed. I will still freeze it though just to be safe.

• Split a bunch of firewood.
  • Worked on a revised plan to securely store/backup very important data. (Still waiting on one part for redundancy purposes.)
  • Bought a new (to me) .44 Magnum revolver. Should be here next week.
  • Finished a short book on an industrial art that would be germane to some projects, but it was largely crap. So, considering next study for coming days.
  • Finally had a chance to unbox, fiddle with, and install a new silencer.* It has a unique attachment method, but once locked in place, looks pretty solid.
  • Got some parts in for vehicle maintenance/repair that will be coming soon.
And, most importantly, got a couple weeks off to be with family, take care of business, and work on projects. Woohoo! :)

* This one.
Ametralladora.jpg

What kinda work ya gonna be doin' on it?
The Mac? Not much; install/test new can, have better half make a cover for said, and fiddle with a different stock setup (the original is crappy; the alternative I setup is probably "good enough", but doesn't hurt to take a second look). There are other pew projects that will be a little more involved, but most of the catch time is on the roughly four billion things at the house I couldn't get to since I got super busy at the end of February to the present. :eek:

The Mac? Not much; install/test new can, have better half make a cover for said, and fiddle with a different stock setup (the original is crappy; the alternative I setup is probably "good enough", but doesn't hurt to take a second look). There are other pew projects that will be a little more involved, but most of the catch time is on the roughly four billion things at the house I couldn't get to since I got super busy at the end of February to the present. :eek:
You've managed to shoot through another can on that thing! Jiminy!!! :eek:

Is that one FA? That one you see in my pic from ~40 years ago was/is full-on crazy auto. Sadly, it resides with the sobo no more... :(

You've managed to shoot through another can on that thing! Jiminy!!! :eek:

Is that one FA? That one you see in my pic from ~40 years ago was/is full-on crazy auto. Sadly, it resides with the sobo no more... :(
Oh, no, I fiddled around with a Lage upper that utilized another can, but got rid of the upper, and bought the one pictured as a dedicated silencer for this firearm. Yes, this is registered, pre-86 full-auto.

Setting up shelves for storage/organization
Saw cardiologist. Did blood tests.
Ordered and received 90 days of heart/BP meds. I now have almost a years worth of most meds and almost two years worth of the most important (Imdur & statins).

Normally keep 36 gallons of Clear unleaded on hand. Was down 15 gallons so I resupplied.

One of my 3 propane tanks (20lb) was empty so I exchanged it for a full one.
Side note: I have over 100 of the 1lb tanks for cooking

Finally cleared out a bunch of space in the garage so I pulled out my aquataines from the shed. Sterilized them, then re-filled them with water. 13 containers * 7 gal each = 91 gallons. Same as 982 half liter bottles.

All the B*** going on with China/Taiwan has motivated me to top off a couple of things.

Researched some more edible and medicinal plants for the PNW,

Yesterday and today, we canned two batches of salal berry preserves.
The Indians used salal berries to treat ailments of the digestive system. Indians made fruit leather out of slurried berries, dried it on cedar boards or skunk cabbage leaves ("Indian wax paper"). Salal berry fruit leather will keep up to one year.

Salal leaves, when dried, can be used to make a medicinal tea for many uses. More: http://wildfoodsandmedicines.com/salal/

You can eat the young leaves of salal, like greens in a salad or whatever. I choose not to do this, it goes against my preference for the plant to spread and therefore generate more berries. Our property is mostly forested, we have some nice areas of understory that consist mainly of salal and sword ferns. And a little Oregon grape. You can also make jam or jelly out of Oregon grape.

Might as well make use of that we've got.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top