JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot up more of my reloads.

1658206137692.png
1658206226168.jpeg

I still need to "refine the load data." BUT, Rrrrrright....any day at the range is a GOOD DAY.

Aloha, Mark

You can take this or leave it...

I have family in the Central Valley of California. They have farming friends in the area who grow tomatoes and they told that they are getting twice the money for their crops that they have in previous years.
Count on your ketchup and tomato sauce related products prices jumping bigly this fall/winter.

Been looking at security cameras, I've 3 right now (only 2 are real), I'd like to get it up to 4 real ones. I have a mini pc (Raspberry Pi) and a few 1TB usb drives to go with it. I'm unsure if I should use powered cameras or wireless/solar powered cameras.

I'd like to get this done before fall but I'm not sure if that's a viable time frame.

Been looking at security cameras, I've 3 right now (only 2 are real), I'd like to get it up to 4 real ones. I have a mini pc (Raspberry Pi) and a few 1TB usb drives to go with it. I'm unsure if I should use powered cameras or wireless/solar powered cameras.

I'd like to get this done before fall but I'm not sure if that's a viable time frame.
I have some wired camers my gun shop uses, friends use, and such, nice HD cameras wired, Lorex Cameras.. Good picture clarity and no real lag... No monthy subscription either.

Doing my annual removal of vegetation (mostly grass, but also a lot of other overgrown growth I have let go way too long).

A lot of growth this year due to the very wet spring and then sunny weather.

Some of the grass/etc. is taller than I am.

This is taking a toll on my back and abs.

Doing my annual removal of vegetation (mostly grass, but also a lot of other overgrown growth I have let go way too long).

A lot of growth this year due to the very wet spring and then sunny weather.

Some of the grass/etc. is taller than I am.

This is taking a toll on my back and abs.
If your place is like ours, you might have poison hemlock growing there. If you do, then be very careful handling the stuff. Wear gloves, for sure - and if you burn it, don't inhale the smoke.

If your place is like ours, you might have poison hemlock growing there. If you do, then be very careful handling the stuff. Wear gloves, for sure - and if you burn it, don't inhale the smoke.

Oh yes - giant hogweed is all over - but there is currently none on my property that I have noticed. I have seen some in the general area - although it is hard to distinguish it from general hogweed. I don't take a chance with it either way.

Most of my hand weed pulling is brambles (mostly the low wild stuff) and tall weeds. A lot of the vegetation is still very green due to the rain and shade.

Mostly I have been mowing - did the bulk of it with neighbor's tractor and brush hog, now I doing the areas where the tractor could not fit, especially near the house.

I have cut/pruned a lot of small trees and woody bushes which have overgrown.

Oh yes - giant hogweed is all over - but there is currently none on my property that I have noticed. I have seen some in the general area - although it is hard to distinguish it from general hogweed. I don't take a chance with it either way.

Most of my hand weed pulling is brambles (mostly the low wild stuff) and tall weeds. A lot of the vegetation is still very green due to the rain and shade.

Mostly I have been mowing - did the bulk of it with neighbor's tractor and brush hog, now I doing the areas where the tractor could not fit, especially near the house.

I have cut/pruned a lot of small trees and woody bushes which have overgrown.
I feel your pain. The jungle is always trying to take over.

We're planning to have our timber stand thinned and cleaned up this Fall. There are places in there that are impassable without a machete.

Someone my wife knows was weeding without wearing gloves. Turned out the stuff was poison hemlock, and handling it made her pretty sick.

200+ lbs of dry foods into bags, also got a few cans of powdered milk, and peanut butter powder. Any suggestions for canned/long term meats to store? I have sardines, spam, kippers, and a few other seafood products but not much else for meats

200+ lbs of dry foods into bags, also got a few cans of powdered milk, and peanut butter powder. Any suggestions for canned/long term meats to store? I have sardines, spam, kippers, and a few other seafood products but not much else for meats
Commercial freeze dried meats are pretty expensive, and may be difficult to source currently.

For example: currently Mountain House is out of chicken, ground beef & diced beef at $60/$80/$90 (ish) per #10 can.

Augason Farms has chicken & beef cubes at $100(ish) / #10 can. Which is frankly insane.

You may want to try some of the soy/vegetarian meat substitute options.

Else look into canning, or freeze drying (harvest rite).

Alternatives for mid term meat storage are store bought canned meats. Chicken, beef, pork. We do the Kirkland brand of such from Costco. Pricey & only midterm storage (so you have to keep up with rotating them into use, which we do).

Not much, but some on a busy day.
  • Renewed my membership in The American Civil Defense Association (TACDA).
  • Loaded up a bunch of magazines.
  • Bought a book all about canned seafood and recipes.
  • Started a new preparedness book.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads