JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm tempted to grab a mini propane generators, 20lb propane tank rated to get I think it was 60hrs running with a 200w load (1/4).

One of my gensets is a 3+KW dual fuel inverter setup. I use it for the house. The other is a 2KW "suitcase" portable inverter that will run up to 12 hrs on 1 gallon of gas. I would use that for the shop to power the freezer for an hour or two per day to keep things frozen.

One of my gensets is a 3+KW dual fuel inverter setup. I use it for the house. The other is a 2KW "suitcase" portable inverter that will run up to 12 hrs on 1 gallon of gas. I would use that for the shop to power the freezer for an hour or two per day to keep things frozen.
Interesting, what 2kw unit is that..

For emergency heat. I usually hook up my portable diesel electric heater system which on low, consumes .2l diesel per hour...

Interesting, what 2kw unit is that..
For emergency heat. I usually hook up my portable diesel electric heater system which on low, consumes .2l diesel per hour...
I have a woodstove, I use that for heat for most of the winter until I run out of prepared firewood. Been using it a lot lately with the cold temps. Last year I used two cords to heat until January then switched to my electric furnace when I ran low on firewood - I started that winter in October, this year I did not start until about November but I am using wood faster because it is colder. We'll see how it turns out. I have two cords in the covered porch and another cord in the shop.

I'm tempted to grab a mini propane generators, 20lb propane tank rated to get I think it was 60hrs running with a 200w load (1/4).
I recently picked up a Champion propane/gas 2500 watt gen (sez 50 hours/20 lb propane at 1/2 load) to charge an EcoFlow Delta (charges it from 20% to 100% in less than 90 mins).
the ecoflo ran my fullsize fridge all day plus made a pot of coffee and cycled the deep freeze then my cpap for the night. next AM it charged in 80 minutes with the generator.
I'll get solar panels for summer use, but the Sun's too low and days too short now to rely on them to recharge.
The EcoFlow manual sez it can be used for a U.P.S. and has a 30ms switchover time.

Gen weighs 37 lbs cost about $600 new
EcoFlow weighs 27 lbs cost about $760 new

Now to decide if I want to set up a backfeed, or just move the Eco flow around to where I need it
(Ya, I'll shut off the mains first)

Last Edited:
7qts of freeze dried corn sealed up, more hamburger bought, taco seasoning as well.

7lb green beans in the FD.

Tempted to get a second credit card ahead of a bunch of OT I will have to get a few more banned items...

4 more rotisserie chickens prepping for the Freezer Dryer.

Put in 2 pumpkin pies in the freeze dryer last night, got to have desert at the end of the world still... Bite sized pieces

20221121_074647.jpg

Have a second solar/batt inverter generator now. Friend's wife told him 'get rid of that ugly thing.' So I offered him $400 bucks for it. 1500w Blue-something unit. A tank.
I've got so many great deals in my life, cars, you name it thanks to other people's wives beating them down :s0143:

Capture.JPG.JPEG

Have a second solar/batt inverter generator now. Friend's wife told him 'get rid of that ugly thing.' So I offered him $400 bucks for it. 1500w Blue-something unit. A tank.
I've got so many great deals in my life, cars, you name it thanks to other people's wives beating them down :s0143:

View attachment 1317005
Wow, is your friend a pussy or what? All he had to do was put the damned thing in a closet. It's not like she has to look at it every day.

But glad you could score on your friend's wife's refusal to be prepared...

I thank God every day that I don't have anyone in my life to which I have to listen to shiit like that from every day...

Wow, is your friend a pussy or what? All he had to do was put the damned thing in a closet. It's not like she has to look at it every day.

But glad you could score on your friend's wife's refusal to be prepared...

I thank God every day that I don't have anyone in my life to which I have to listen to shiit like that from every day...
I was thinking the exact same thing.
I feel blessed not to have that issue.
Guy

Picked up another 3, 20lb propane tanks for the generator/BBQ... for $10 ea (used, empty). Found them locally on Facebook Marketplace.

I'm really not one to trust a sellers "they're in perfect condition", claims on something this critical, so what I did was I used them as exchange tanks for the Blue Rhino vending machine. The Blue Rhino propane tanks are inspected, tested, and re-certified/dated and come pre-filled with approx 4.5 - 4.7 gals.

used tank cost - $10
almost full exchange tank - $19.95
average cost to top-off - $2
With taxes they cost me about $32 all-in
(that's half of what a new empty tank costs at HD/Wally/North40).

I now have 6 dependable, refillable tanks for the BBQ and generator

Figuring on running the generator for 3hrs a day (it charges my Ecoflow in 90 min) and the gen is supposed to run 50hrs per 20lb tank...it should give me at least 100 days of generator and BBQ/side burner.

Now...next item on my list... finding 600 watts of good, solar panels... cheap... I got 5 or 6 months 'till the sun is dependable. But you know what they say;

YOU GET TO PICK 2
- cheap
- good
- fast

Now...next item on my list... finding 600 watts of good, solar panels... cheap... I got 5 or 6 months 'till the sun is dependable. But you know what they say;

YOU GET TO PICK 2
- cheap
- good
- fast
The 100w solar panels off Amazon, the aluminum and glass framed ones, never had an issue with them, most are installed on top cars or trailers with thousands if miles on then and been through storms, all still working great...

Under 100 for each panel...

Took out the 2 pies of freeze dried pumpkin pie, it's extremely hard but I like it, like a hard candy you suck on, you get the flavor and feeling like eating a lot of pumpkin but without the guilt...

About to put 3 more shredded chickens into the freeze dryer....

3 more shredded chickens in, garlic and herb seasoned

20221122_224912.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR