JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I learned that cooking on the coals is not needed if I just put something on top of the stove in a pan or or in tin foil or whatever it Cooks plenty fast enough and deep enough.

The potato was way overcooked I left it in longer than I intended but the curry heated up just fine and quickly.

Learned a great tip years ago to put a good ax, saw, shovel, crow bars, sledge hammer, heavy gloves, etc in a durable/camo bag and hide it hopefully close to your house - if your bushes, whatever place works. Or if it has to been inside, the nearest accessible place if you house is flatten by an earthquake or ravaged by fire.

In my current place there are a couple small lockable sheds and I use that placement now.

If either happens in the future I'll at least have access to tools to let me recover what I can. Went through that stuff today and checked everything out, added some stuff to it.

Been a busy couple days:

-Got a proper safe for all my guns, now using my gun locker for ammo and armor storage.

-purchased 6 brand new 7 gallon water jugs to supplement my water storage.

-snagged some ammo I've been looking around for

-snagged some gas cans for my camp stove, got to use it while the power was out this morning.

-added some more mountain house meals to my rotation for hunting and camping.

We rendered some beef fat we got from a neighbor that was butchering a beef. That's about half of what we have YET to render.

E75E750D-CFA2-45C8-A852-C2BCFAB8C685.jpeg 4ED432F3-5C52-4C31-86E5-D9C5B9177D93.jpeg 219E4537-FA85-488D-9935-93115F2C1086.jpeg

My better half just ordered two new storage canopies.

1649812567021.png

1649812605885.png

Mainly for additional, shorter term, firewood storage. (To quote a contemporary English poet, William Idol, "With a rebel yell she cried, 'More, more, more'." :p)

Last Edited:
I've made a few beretta 92 mags into canik mags. Can't find canik mags to save my life right now

Note that the P226 .40 mags seem to have different dimensions in the mag lips than the 9mm P226 mags; the .40 cartridge case being a bit wider than the 9x19 case.

But apparently, per the vid, you can modify a P226 9mm mag to fit a Canik pistol.

Ordered 36 Hershey's dark chocolate bars (4 oz with almonds) for $39 from Woot. I don't eat near as much chocolate after I retired as when I was working in an office. Usually a bowl of ice cream, a truffle or two and maybe some other snack. At the office I would have a chocolate snack every 30-60 minutes, and some dark chocolate M&Ms frequently. Where some people sip coffee all day long, I have some chocolate - but now I can easily forego that treat - sometimes I even forget it. But I do keep some on hand at all times - it is one of my comfort foods.

Cut up a package of 2032 coin batteries and put them in a pill bottle. Duracell keeps them in an inner package to make it harder for kids to swallow, so they are still insulated from each other.

Ordered two knives - a CRKT Catchall and a Boker Slike, the former should make a good camp and skinning/butchering knife, the latter might be a last ditch defensive OTF (manual) dagger. We'll see.

Brought in my tote box that has most of my mags in it so I can do a better inventory of the mags.

Okay now THIS is what I'm Talkin' about! Hell Yes!!!!
Now that the Dollar store is charging $1.25 for their dark chocolate bars, it was a good deal - plus the Hershey's bars are a half ounce heavier, plus they have almonds.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top