JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:rolleyes: Going to go to Kenosha ...
I want build a brick outdoor cooking center in case the power fails....
....so, I'm making several trips to the free "community brick piles" and taking them home. If there's too many for me to use, I'm gonna drop the rest off as a donation at "Habitat For Humanity"

(Not really) :s0054:

Last Edited:
:rolleyes: Going go to Kenosha ...
I want build a brick outdoor cooking center in case the power fails....
....so, I'm making several trips to the free "community brick piles" and taking them home. If there's too many for me to use, I'm gonna drop the rest off as a donation at "Habitat For Humanity"

(Not really) :s0054:
Im confused? Kenosha? In WI? Other than that I love repurposed goods!!! Used brick is awesome!

2RlZThlMDMtNDMxNy01ZDllLTliZWMtYTE4NThjYTI5NzI0In0.jpg
zYwNDA0OTYtOTU2ZC01NTVjLWIzZTYtOGIzZjZhYjNmYTM4In0.jpg
jI0YmFmNzYtOTk2Yy01ODBiLTk0ODctZGU4NjQwZmMwY2RiIn0.jpg

Cleaned a bunch of stuff out of the freezers.

Bought chicken, ground beef, some canned meats, sugar, flower, pasta, butter, cheese and some other stuff.

If the supply chain issues kick into high gear as some expect with the food supply chain, I want to have some extra basic supplies on hand. Also been adding to the stored clear gas for the generators.

A couple of days ago I researched and ordered some LED light bulbs that have a backup battery in the base. When the power goes out they will stay lit (or light up if you turn on the switch/etc.):

the batteries recharge when there is power.

I'll see if they are useful - there are a number of different sellers/makes, and they seem similar, but might not all work the same. I will try to remember to do a review - supposed to get them delivered this weekend.

Today I am splitting the last of the firewood that I cut a while ago. That will be it for a while - I more or less have run out of room in the covered porch. I think I have enough to last the winter - about two cords, but when I get more room as I burn it down, if the weather permits I will cut/split/stack more.

A couple of days ago I researched and ordered some LED light bulbs that have a backup battery in the base. When the power goes out they will stay lit (or light up if you turn on the switch/etc.):

the batteries recharge when there is power.

I'll see if they are useful - there are a number of different sellers/makes, and they seem similar, but might not all work the same. I will try to remember to do a review - supposed to get them delivered this weekend.
These work. When the power is cut (I used the breakers) the bulb dims but stays lit enough to be useful.

When used with a light that is controlled by a switch, they turn on/off with the switch, which is good (won't deplete the battery by staying on when switch is turned off).

They are dimmer than my 60 watt bulbs, but satisfactory.

As noted in the directions for these kinds of bulbs, they do not work correctly in multi-light circuits (either lamps or light fixtures); i.e., they stay on when the switch is turned off (whether the power is on or off). Since all but two of my ceiling fixtures are multi-bulb or control multiple lights, I will use these mostly in lamps (except for the 2 ceiling lights that are single bulbs) - kind of unfortunate as the bathroom lights are all multi-bulb fixtures.

They do seem to work with GCFI outlets.

These work. When the power is cut (I used the breakers) the bulb dims but stays lit enough to be useful.

When used with a light that is controlled by a switch, they turn on/off with the switch, which is good (won't deplete the battery by staying on when switch is turned off).

As noted in the directions for these kinds of bulbs, they do not work correctly in multi-light circuits (either lamps or light fixtures); i.e., they stay on when the switch is turned off (whether the power is on or off). Since all but two of my ceiling fixtures are multi-bulb or control multiple lights, I will use these mostly in lamps (except for the 2 ceiling lights that are single bulbs) - kind of unfortunate as the bathroom lights are all multi-bulb fixtures.

Thanks for letting us know about these.

Also got a six pack of Indian food meals (ready to eat in retort pouches - but better heated) for $9.7 or ~1.6 per meal; Minute Khana (khana is Indian for "meal"):

View attachment 1069019

Two veg Pulao (rice cooked in broth), 2 Dal Makhani (lentils), 2 Dilli style Chole (chickpeas in curry). This is a bit spicier than the Tasty Bites - a better taste IMO - but not so spicy that you feel it on your tongue/lips later.

I just tried the Chole and I liked it better, so I will probably get more of this too if it is still there in Costco. I hope Costco gets more of these kinds of meals as they make for a nice change if you like ethnic food. The price is right - I googled these meals and the prices others want for these is way higher.

Both these and Tasty Bites are ~10 oz per meal - and I would say that this with some rice would easily make two meals for an adult. Or the rice meal you could combine with one of the other meals (chickpeas, lentils, etc.) for 4 meals.
Picked up a box. Price seems good. 6 packets for 10 bucks. Have not tried them yet.

Wow, nifty & thanks on the heads-up!

No thanks on these. I might be way off base, but a little proof reading and editing their ads would go a long way in helping these to not look like chinese junk. Rather spend the money on batteries, matches, lighters and candles.

I bought more 7.62x39mm.

Why?

I'm not so sure anymore. Yeah, when I really think about it..... at the rate I'm going, I probably won't live long enough to shoot all of my ammo supplies. But, I'll try to at least put a dent in it.

And my son, will someday hopefully, appreciate that I left him something.
LOL.

Keep buying and Let's Go Brandon.

Aloha, Mark

Got those - except for the candles.

Most of the stuff we have is Chinese anyway.
Oh, get some candles. Cheap, and a nice source of an open flame for an extended period of time. Valuable for fire starting under less than ideal conditions. A shoebox full of small to medium sized candles is a good idea, I think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top