JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bi-Mart has Mountain House foods 20% off and $4.00 off the #10 cans. I cleaned up. Normally my wife gets a little upset when I dump a lot of cash on dried foods but all the current Corona Virus news has her spooked and she didn't even blink this time. Thanks Covid-19.

Odds and ends:

• The Smurf-sized sidekick just placed a huge-gantic Wally World order of nonperishable food (canned, dried, packaged, etc.), hygiene supplies, cleaning supplies, medical supplies, et al. Some will come direct, others I will pickup at Walfart when it comes and I'm up at the gym.
  • I made a laundry list of hardware I'll pickup from True Value tomorrow.
  • Did an informal check on the ammo situation. The main calibers are fine.
  • Went for a long drive after a family lunch out to discuss a great many things.
  • Checked the fuel supply. We're good on gasoline and propane and have enough firewood for at least this cold season. The latter I'm going to have to seriously replenish before the next cycle though.
  • Tracked the next firearm and related parts. Should all be here in the next 72 hours.
  • Started a book on wind power.
  • Ordered a new Leupold scope and multivitamins from Amazon.
As to the hair style discussion above, I've warn a full beard since 2004, but transitioned to a much trimmer Van Dyke this week. :s0112:

Last Edited:
I made an Amazon order for some of my favorites, whole dried powdered eggs and dehydrated vegetable soup mix. I threw in a few other supplies in there for good measure and before I knew it $200 bucks was digitally hoovered up. Come on Amazon, get those vans rollin' already.

got out our little new-old style lantern...
looks like antique but is battery powered with attractive flickering 'flame', adjustable and wonderful addition to the homestead

1583166760955.png
Looks like this in daylight:
1583166880879.png

It gave considerable room-adequate light in the pitch black here around 0530hrs.
All the charm, light and none of the combustible fluid issues.

got out our little new-old style lantern...
looks like antique but is battery powered with attractive flickering 'flame', adjustable and wonderful addition to the homestead

View attachment 665404
Looks like this in daylight:
View attachment 665408

It gave considerable room-adequate light in the pitch black here around 0530hrs.
All the charm, light and none of the combustible fluid issues.
Nice. Where'd you get it and what did it cost?

I've got a couple little LED lanterns and they throw an incredible amount of light for their size, and the batteries seem to last forever. And, as you say, so much easier to use. Still have a couple old coleman propane lanterns from camping days. Not bad except for the mantles breaking every time you transport them. Only reason I can see for having one these days is they throw a fair amount of heat as well as light. Noisy, tho.

Most of my camping RV life included the Coleman mantle foibles. Liquid RV lanterns were simply NOT in the 'A-list' of my gear.

This small device was an item my buddy got in some unnamed coastal chain store for under $20. He didn't provide more details, other than buying a box full to give various friends.

The gentle-adequate-but-not-fiercely piercing quality of the LED/etc lamps, by this simulated flickering adjustable 'flame' is by itself soothing. IF you got coffee made before the power goes away.

3 sheets magichem Tabs
Sambucol (16 oz)
Tyvek suits for kids (I have plenty for me from work)
Few more dozen N95 for friends who are asking for them (lol)
Stocked up the liquor bar in case I have visitors who are staying longer tha usual
Refreshed the oldest 5 cans of fuel
Topped off hygiene wipes and noticed Costco was completely sold out of TP!
2 gallons denatured spirits

Amazing how many people are taking personal protection seriously in the matter of 10 days. I guess that's how It often goes. Empty store shelves can Get your attention quickly when your own shelves are empty!

Could that also serve to toast Vampires? (....off to plant some garlic....) ;)

Yup. Vampires and humans too. It pretty much toasts anything living or undead, and can damage paint and plastics too if left on long enough. You do not want to be in the room with it on and you need to ventilate the room during or afterwards due to the ozone it generates. You especially do not want to look at it when it is turned on.

I think this is what was in the lost ark.

Either way, it is good for killing germs and stuff in a room. I have a problem with mold in my bathroom due to the shower, so I ordered on. In a SHTF situation it would be good for disinfecting things.

Interesting note: it is coming from China - slow boat. It will take a few weeks because of COVID-19.

Agree with the heretic on ozone. Hospitals use ozone gas to disinfect operating rooms in between surgeries. I bought 10,000 mg/hr ozone generator on amazon and put in outdoor cabinet. Mail, contents of delivered packages go in there, turn timer, shut door and come back later. also can put shoes and clothes or other things in there (put rudimentary closet rod on top). Also potentially could be used to disinfect masks but I dunno on that.

Studies I read showed 2x more effective than chlorine in bacteria when used at lower levels as in 80mg/hr. They didn't test higher levels on the ones I read. Some municipalities also use ozone to disinfect drinking water. U don't want to use it in occupied areas where it is toxic but it dissipates very rapidly when u let air out (ie doesn't hang around on clothes for too long. Have used these for years to get rid of smoke odors in cars but my old one was stolen last year.
C0E57AE8-44D5-4B37-AE74-4A936C42440F.png

Agree with the heretic on ozone. Hospitals use ozone gas to disinfect operating rooms in between surgeries. I bought 10,000 mg/hr ozone generator on amazon and put in outdoor cabinet. Mail, contents of delivered packages go in there, turn timer, shut door and come back later. also can put shoes and clothes or other things in there (put rudimentary closet rod on top). Also potentially could be used to disinfect masks but I dunno on that.

Studies I read showed 2x more effective than chlorine in bacteria when used at lower levels as in 80mg/hr. They didn't test higher levels on the ones I read. Some municipalities also use ozone to disinfect drinking water. U don't want to use it in occupied areas where it is toxic but it dissipates very rapidly when u let air out (ie doesn't hang around on clothes for too long. Have used these for years to get rid of smoke odors in cars but my old one was stolen last year.
View attachment 666871

My order got cancelled because the factory shutdown due to COVID-19. I can supposedly reorder in a couple of weeks or order a different one. It appears most of the units of that size and type are made in China - some charge a 100% return fee! It was hard to find one on Amazon with a sensible return policy - none of them were sold via Prime - so I am hoping I get one that works with no problems (unlike the cheap earbuds I bought and will have to return).

My order got cancelled because the factory shutdown due to COVID-19. I can supposedly reorder in a couple of weeks or order a different one. It appears most of the units of that size and type are made in China - some charge a 100% return fee! It was hard to find one on Amazon with a sensible return policy - none of them were sold via Prime - so I am hoping I get one that works with no problems (unlike the cheap earbuds I bought and will have to return).
FYI If u want to get one without UV, the ones like that yellow one in pic above are available via prime. Mine came next day fwiw.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top