JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife bought a 32 roll carton of toilet paper today. It's gonna be worth it's weight in gold if TEOTWAWKI happens tomorrow, especially since Monkey Wards quit sending out their big catalogs.

I went to work to make more money to buy more stuff lol.

For once, I took this opportunity to take some additional days off. I get about three weeks off every year, one week in July and two weeks XMas to NewYears that are a company shutdown. But none of those days are paid - as a 'contractor' I have zero paid vacation. So I usually only only take the days during the 'shutdown'. This year I took the extra days for my own sanity and to get some work done around the property - actually, spent most of that vegetating - maybe I will get something done today.

I ordered some more ammo. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think that the anti-gun people will soon make buying ammo more difficult. California already has a law that you can only buy ammo for the caliber of your "registered" weapons. Coming soon to a store near you...

I need to get a bigger truck to haul my stuff when I bug out. ;)

Last Edited:
I ordered some more ammo. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think that the anti-gun people will soon make buying ammo more difficult. California already has a law that you can only buy ammo for the caliber of your "registered" weapons. Coming soon to a store near you...

I need to get a bigger truck to haul my stuff when I bug out. ;)

You are not paranoid - you are observant.

For once, I took this opportunity to take some additional days off. I get about three weeks off every year, one week in July and two weeks XMas to NewYears that are a company shutdown. But none of those days are paid - as a 'contractor' I have zero paid vacation. So I usually only only take the days during the 'shutdown'. This year I took the extra days for my own sanity and to get some work done around the property - actually, spent most of that vegetating - maybe I will get something done today.
This is the slow time of year for my industry... So I have to make all the money I can in the winter.

Couldn't sleep so built another AR lower from the parts I had in bins.
  • Mags drop free & easy - check
  • Safety operates properly, smoothly - check
  • Takedown pins move smoothly, detent holds them in place - check
  • Put on / Pull off two different uppers - check, check, check.

I did that route for too many years, only got paid if I worked. - no sick or vacation days. I hope that your pay reflects the lack of benefits. I finally demanded a raise to reflect the lack of benefits and got it. They were in a bind since I had been there way longer than their policy said that I should. It is also against BOLI work laws to use a contractor in place of a regular employee for longer than 6 months (?) and they finally had to hire me as a regular employee.

I get sick pay, have for a while because I worked in Portland, then Orygun passed the sick pay law too. I don't use it much as I only get sick a few days a year (about this time of year).

And I have other benefits - insurance and such.

I can't go into details about being a contractor, but it is an issue - indirectly. We'll see how it plays out.

Went and put some holes in some paper yesterday. It had been a year! My CCW renewal is coming up, and while I can still pass the shooting portion, my groups are not tight. In fact, there are no groups really, LOL. but I was able to stay within the lines. I need to practice more.

• Did 120 push-ups (40-40-40)
  • Bought some precious metals
  • Got a hose and fitting to make my Big Buddy heater work from my fireplace propane line
  • Registered for a series of classes toward a work-related certification
  • Walked the hills near my house for 30 minutes
  • Watched several Active Self Protection videos on YouTube
  • Read my Bible

A friend of mine brought that to my attention, but if you do the math it's not a great deal even on sale. At 251 calories/$ for the Wise bucket, the Ark 390 bucket from Costco is a MUCH better deal, especially when it goes on sale for $99, at 606 calories/$! The Ark 390 bucket is the best value I have found on the internet for long-term storage food, AND you get a nice 7-gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid!

shopping for survival supplies & ran into a treasure trove!!!!

Resized_20200129_101643.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads