JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't got my hands on the 27 rounders but the standard g19 magpul mags I have aren't even close to the quality of the OEM Glock mags.
The Glock 33 rounders didn't work for me, they are just too thick. I tried to sand one down and gave up. Extar even recommends Glock mags, but the Magpul mags drop free ever time, and the Glocks don't, and seem to be reliable so far. Nothing wrong with Glock mags, unless you try to disassemble the 33 rounders. What a pain. I finally figured it out, but will never do it again. Smaller Glock mags are as easy as any that I have to remove the baseplate.

I picked up a copy of this book. Some years back I ran preparedness site/forum and corresponded with Selco. He's an interesting character and someone who survived some seriously bad stuff in his native land, so the book might be instructive.

SelcoBoo.jpg

I picked up a copy of this book. Some years back I ran preparedness site/forum and corresponded with Selco. He's an interesting character and someone who survived some seriously bad stuff in his native land, so the book might be instructive.
View attachment 555797

For those interested he has a site with courses offered, a blog, and forum. I have never taken a class with him but do frequent the forum. I've usually come away with new insights and ideas (like I do from frequenting this forum ;):D)
SHTF School – Real Life Survival Experiences

I received my one month supply of food rations today. Good for over twenty years in a cool environment and it came with a plastic storage case too.

82F0CA14-90C3-4BBA-AF51-6C5B68B91680.jpeg

Short novel here...

I dug and found my old copy of "Sourdough Jack's" sourdough cook book. That book has been out of print for years I believe, but I did see copies on Ebay for about $5 + shipping.

The only used one I found at Amazon.com, someone wanted $133.00 for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The book used to come with a packet of dry starter, but of course any left would be dead and I let mine all die too. I called a long time friend who has kept it going and he's sending me a small jag of it. Since it's actually a yeast, it just takes a tiny amount to inoculate your batch, let it grow, and get enough to cook with.

San Francisco sourdough starter is also available on Ebay for about $5. There are different strains of the yeast which will deliver different flavors. San Francisco starter is well known and very good. You can't get it from the bread since cooking kills it. You always have to reserve a small amount of your starter, perpetually.

Old timers, especially those traveling used to carry the starter and some flour, sugar and salt and then they could make flapjacks, bread, biscuits etc. over the fire and they are good!

You can also make lots of other things like desserts and so on. The trick is that if you let the starter "work" too long, it gets more sour.

I used to just let mine work overnight at room temperature.

If it worked for the pioneers and the 49ers and the mountain men, it should work for us. :s0155:

Do you know of any good sources on how to get into keeping a starter going for a long period of time, sounds interesting

I get preps quite often, don't post most of it, and it may seem inconsequential, but here is one minor prep I've been meaning to get that I can at least partially recommend: it is a new money belt.

I wear a money belt about 99% of the time. I like to carry emergency cash on my person, I have found many times it has come in handy when someone advertises a SIG or a rifle or some other prep I just have to buy on the weekend, for more than I can get out of an ATM. :D Otherwise, if SHTF, for at least a little while, I believe that having cash will be useful.

Even when I was a slim and fit guy, I needed a belt to hold up my pants - now more so than ever. Since being in the military I have preferred web cinch type belts, but didn't especially like the metal buckle. Until this last week I wore one for decades that had d-ring type loops and was a money belt to boot - but it was more cloth than the stiffer web belt that I prefer and the d-ring loops would cause the belt to loosen during activity over time.

So noticed a money belt on sale on Amazon and since the price was right I thought I would try it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JC4MVNY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The black one is the only one that is a money belt, the other colors are not.

Anyway, Friday it showed up in my mailbox and I tried it out. Just the right amount of stiffness for putting something on the belt (like a belt holster) or to work with a harness that has belt loops/etc.

The belt itself will fit thru jeans belt loops, but not the buckle which is 2" wide. One side of the buckle as a cinch bar in it, but it isn't very convenient for removing the belt, so that is a downside. That said, the buckle is very solid, not too large and seems robust.

The money compartment is typical for this kind of belt, but is about twice as long as my old belt.

Just wanted to share.

Ordered food and knives. Bought another pistol and 1000 rds for it. Nursing a sprained back. Took 2 weeks off of knee/lower back pt exercise due to work and am paying for it. Don't do what Timmy tard does.

Redid storage room and added water alarms throughout the house. Small leak in a water heater hose had crazy damage potential. Lucky for me I store almost everything in plastic bins and it was in the basement.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top