JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought a Five Seven and a SIG P226 this week. That's probably it for both SIGs and Five Sevens. Need one more PS90 though.

Trying to get everybody in my family the same gear so things are interchangeable.

Got some emergency ponchos for the kids - the kind that are a little larger than an emergency blanket when folded up. Also got the kids a lensatic tritium compass each. Stocking stuffers.

Just ordered about $350 worth of various mags - some 10 round mags in case of new state laws or I need/want to travel thru states with mag capacity laws. Some mags where I needed/wanted another spare JIC. Some hi-cap mags.

Probably will order some ammo too.

Bought this...
IMG_2386.jpg

Not because it will help, It was just to cool not too.

Ordered and received some ingredients for making "tin cloth".

Ordered and received some compressed tablet towels for vehicles and GHBs. These are cellulose tablets about the size of a quarter (but about 4 times as think) that expand into a "cloth" towel about the size of a bathroom washrag when you put about a teaspoon of water on them. Will serve as TP and towels. I can find them for about 7 cents each, but paid 12 cents each to get ones that are pre-packaged in a waterproof case (ten to a case) about the size of a stubby cigar - three hundred for $36. I don't think with that many I will ever need more as they are only for emergencies.

Very nice. We've been ever so tempted by a Five-Seven. :)

It is very much a niche firearm. If there is a person or persons in your group who cannot handle recoil and/or weight of more conventional cartridges (9mm, .45 ACP, 5.56, etc.) and the firearms that shoot them, and/or you envision having a 5.7x28 firearm for 'behind the lines' personnel who may be outside doing chores (gardening, etc.) and therefore might benefit from lightweight firearms/ammo that would work until they can get to more effective firearms - and you can afford them, then they fill that niche nicely IMO.

I have both situations; one person who can't handle the recoil/weight due to medical issues, and all persons are who are getting older/out of shape, who would benefit from having lightweight hi-capacity firearms to get home or get to the BOL to where there are more effective but much heavier firearms, plus while out and about doing chores on the BOL we don't want to be lugging around the heavier firearms.

That's the plan anyway and I can afford it.

Bought 24 gallons of water + a 55 gallon drum. Discussed ordering 4 months of food with the wife, went about as expected. Will pull the trigger next week.

Need to get food safe plastic for rain collection.

Odds and ends:

• Setup new targets on the home range. At various distances, there are now a couple gongs, a spinner, a IPSC target, etc. My better half gave me the spinner for Christmas and it worked out well.
  • Did a lot of shooting with the new lever-action in .44 Magnum. Man, am I digging that rifle. Light, handy, totally reliable, very accurate, and 11 shots on tap. The only thing I don't care for is the stupid manual safety they put on it (likely due to .gov, lawyers, or both), but it can be basically ignored. Also did some shooting with the Model 29 whilst up there.
  • Thoroughly cleaned out/up the firearms cleaning tackle box. Something leaked and it was a pretty big mess. :s0112:
  • Tried to get in some more logging, but had engine issues with the saw I brought along with me. To the shop it goes on Monday. I have a second chainsaw, but I didn't feel like trekking up there again, and we've got time before it will season in the spring and summer.
  • Did a ton of research on Arizona land. I found a spread that looks really promising: 36 acres, power within easy distance of running a line, a good well system already developed, and within our budget. I have a message into the realtor and will get the gears turning on Monday. :D

Eate a slice of Combo pizza at Cosco, so if there is a food shortage tomorrow, I'll be OK for another month.
:s0111:

Ran a mile, did 50 pushups, 100 squats and some stretches in the morning, as usually.
Got a couple boxes of S&B 9x19.
Took my wife to FWDG to shoot pistols.
Made a steel target.

A1AC01F1-C6AC-49E0-ACEE-D6190DF58A62.jpeg 0B03D796-AA57-4C16-B513-1CCC392A9E4A.jpeg B8A25C63-574D-40FC-A323-577D312E7DC5.jpeg

Last Edited:
Picked up my third PS90 today.

Now each of my family have the same defensive rifle and pistol all firing the same round and taking the same mags. I've been stocking up on mags (got five more coming) and ammo, both FMJ for practice and defensive ammo, so I am good there.

Now if there are any more good deals on these guns here I won't be jumping on them and the rest of you will get a chance at a good deal instead of me snatching them up. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top