JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My hips and legs have been numb (sleeping) for the past 10 days or so... (sciatica), but I didn't want to stay home on such a beautiful autumn day, so I took my ATV for a joy ride in the Southern Trask unit..

Didn't see any deer, but it was a real nice day.

The grouse are lingering by the elder berries.

I have seen pictures of your property at least I think it was your property if you want to keep it cut your kids lose unless there under 18

If I got laid off tomorrow and could not find work for the rest of my life, I could still pay the mortgage and my living expenses - i.e., I can retire tomorrow if I stayed frugal. I want to do more, and I want to be there for my daughter in any way I can.

I primarily prep for her. It isn't her fault that she has medical issues. I don't want them to lose the home I helped them get, so when it is necessary, I help them anyway I can.

If I had to sell my property and cash out all of my retirement funds and work till I drop, to keep a roof over her head and food in their larder, I would.

I won't last more than another 20 years or so, but in 20 years hopefully she will still be around and she may need the preps I am putting aside, especially the financial ones. I hope to have a better BOL that I can leave to her, but if she decides they need to sell after I am gone so they can survive financially, so be it. I worry about what will happen to her after I am gone, so my retirement funds are hers, not mine - my plan is to not touch them if I can help it, and to just live off SSI after I retire (I will get close to the max. because of what I have made over the years).

She works hard and tries as hard as possible to be totally independent, and doesn't ask for help unless they really need it, so I am glad to be there for her.

Helping kids doesn't end when they become adults - if anything they may need more help. My parents helped me and I paid them back every cent they loaned me. I would much rather give this help to my daughter now when she needs it than save the money for an inheritance much later when it is too late. She gets it all anyway.

YMMV

We are firing the generators, changing fuel filters, covering the boats, getting the tractors and equipment ready for the winter. New traction tires on the trucks, getting my hanger roof finished before the snow falls. We had snow near New Meadows on the way to Spokane Sunday morning. Have to get 10 more tons of hay into the barn. Pretty typical fall activities.

Route Reconnaissance to Albany.

The traffic jam accross the Willamette River was rediculous!

Road construction in downtown added 40 minutes onto a 1hour trip.:confused:

Stopped into a Dollar Tree to buy cheap Halloween targets for the range on Monday...

Took delivery of a new Serpa holster.

IMG_1912.JPG Came home from work and the wife had been to Costco. Asked her about a 25 lb sack of rice she bought (she never had before). She said "oh, I just thought it would be good to add to our stuff just in case".

First time she's added to the preps.
I had a little tear of pride I'm my eye.

View attachment 400428 Came home from work and the wife had been to Costco. Asked her about a 25 lb sack of rice she bought (she never had before). She said "oh, I just thought it would be good to add to our stuff just in case".

Nice! Dunno if you have a convenient "Cash and Carry" store by you, but really decent prices for putting stuff back (rice as an example 50lb at the Costco 25lb price...), not Jasmine though usually...

View attachment 400428 Came home from work and the wife had been to Costco. Asked her about a 25 lb sack of rice she bought (she never had before). She said "oh, I just thought it would be good to add to our stuff just in case".

Lol, nothing like a bunch of boulders blocking a road for two days, to make a prepper outta anyone...:D

I'll be in Salem all day in a week and a half. I'll go by and check it out. Thanks.

Can check out there specials and do a limited search fir some things as well at there site.

Looks like they're out if $18 50lb rice (Probably like Costco, once stuffs gone, it won't be back for a while).

Food Service - Cash&Carry - Cash and Carry

If you have a chest freezer with room, it might be a good idea to bring a cooler with ice just in case. Never know what you might find at decent price.

Can check out there specials and do a limited search fir some things as well at there site.

Looks like they're out if $18 50lb rice (Probably like Costco, once stuffs gone, it won't be back for a while).

Food Service - Cash&Carry - Cash and Carry

If you have a chest freezer with room, it might be a good idea to bring a cooler with ice just in case. Never know what you might find at decent price.

We buy the gallon jugs of Rice Bran Oil at C&C; the owner of Cruise-In Diner in Hillsboro (Farmington) developed it. $10.00 per gallon; step aside avacado and olive oil...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top