JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to ride a lot. Rode my first 'century' 45 years ago, from Corvallis to PDX, over the mountain I am living on. Used to have very strong legs. Then I injured my back and neck. When I got to about 45 I could not ride anymore - I could not lean over for long periods, so I gave my MTB to my brother. Still thinking about getting a fat tired bike with a motor. Christini makes a 2WD fat tire bike.
Maybe a recumbent tadpole trike. They are very cool.

Maybe a recumbent tadpole trike. They are very cool.

They are also very slow, not very visible (and therefore, probably dangerous) and not really good for off-road, or for that matter, the bumpy gravel road to my house.

Another reason I gave up riding was because of cars - I've had them run me off the road, throw things at me and so on. At least with a motorcycle I can generally outrun them. But I don't ride my motorcycles on the road anymore either. Riding a dirt bike can be as much exercise as riding an unpowered bike.

Got a couple liters (more) each of rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide while at Costco.

Going to replenish my supply of plastic sheeting - most of it got torn up/etc. when doing some painting and burnt up covering slash piles. Between winter coming and the N. Korea situation heating up, I just might need it.

Got a couple liters (more) each of rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide while at Costco.

Going to replenish my supply of plastic sheeting - most of it got torn up/etc. when doing some painting and burnt up covering slash piles. Between winter coming and the N. Korea situation heating up, I just might need it.

Our Costco only seems to carry 70% isopropyl alc, so we skip it there.

Walmart seems to have the best value on 91% qts. Hate shopping Walmart, but it is what it is...

We prefer the 91% for what we use it for, plus can cut it if needs be to stretch it out.

Survival corn? Lol. Found these corn cobs in vacuum packs at the Walmart. About $1.58 per package. Product of Thailand, states all natural and non GMO as well as no added sodium. Expiration date 2018. Being it's corn, it will probably go well beyond that if the package is not damaged.
So I tore into a package and gave it a try. It tasted a bit bland but they did say there was no sodium added, unlike most canned corn you will find on the shelf.
It was also pre-cooked and it sliced off the cob nicely into
long sections (which is my favorite way to eat corn). I broke it up, added some salt and butter and nuked it for two minutes per the instructions. Overall not too bad.
Will it be my main staple if SHTF? Not really. But it's a
nice side item to stick in the SHTF pantry. Just be prepared to season it to taste because they're just basically boiled and packaged. However, amongst all the industrial looking packaging that the long term food comes in, the corn packs add a visually appealing element.

IMG_20171012_125107.jpg

Ordered and picking up 4K SF of 6mil plastic sheeting from HD for $43 per roll (1k sf) when 4+ rolls. 2 k for my house 2k for kids

Would have got 10 mil but they only sell that by the pallet. Now need to figure out best tape to use

When we had the flood scare here in Reno this past January, we found that gaffer tape is the best with the plastic sheeting. Don't get that Chinese crap, though. USA. Held up much better than the duct tape. Every time I order some, I order 2 and hide one from the hubby in the preps. He would use it for everything if he could and the stuff is kinda pricey!

When we had the flood scare here in Reno this past January, we found that gaffer tape is the best with the plastic sheeting. Don't get that Chinese crap, though. USA. Held up much better than the duct tape. Every time I order some, I order 2 and hide one from the hubby in the preps. He would use it for everything if he could and the stuff is kinda pricey!
I have a TV guy who swears by gaffer tape.

Scored on four rolls of 1/2" conveyor belt.

I'm afraid that we will need to understand what that is, before we can be truly happy for you, though.

Ordered another pack of N-95 masks! Boy, those suckers are spendy! I tend to wear them until they become mere wisps, dancing in the breeze!
Rather like reports I've heard of Stompers boxer undies! :eek::cool::confused:

Last Edited:
I'm afraid that we will need to understand what that is, before we can be truly happy for you, though.

Really tough material (depending on the kind you get), usually some kind of heavily reinforced rubber material.

Conveyor_Belt_Thickness_Large.jpg

Not sure what a person could use it for, but I imagine someone will chime in with how they could make this or that survival item from it.

Conveyor belts last a lifetime! They make great bed liners, tops for work benches, target backers, covers for firewood...mud flaps, an ugly but lifetime floor or roof for outbuildings...liners for tool boxes...a bit too slippery when wet for stall mats.:oops:

I was offered a bunch but most are piled like a giant heap of spaghetti...various widths and thicknesses, most are 1/2".

Finally got a bolt action .223

Ruger American Ranch.

I now have bolt action carbines in the the three main chamberings - 5.56, 7.62x39 and 7.62x51. Even if my semi-autos get lost in a boating accident, I still have a politically correct carbine for each caliber.

Spending some Sunday afternoon free time before fixing din din for everybody by re formating the last gasp fall back three (3) day overnight Bug Out Bag back packs from hot buggy summer to cold rainy wet winter. Less water. More food. Much more warm dry clothing.

More rain gear. Ground tarps. The back pack will probably end up weighting less, (dunno yet) but will definitely be more bulky with all the clothing and stuff. Tonight we are having survival cheap vegetarian slaves rations which is actually very nutritious vegetarian and cheap.

Boiled pinto beans, grits and fresh garden mustard greens with green onions. Yumm yumm. Probably will cheat and throw in a ham hock with the beans. The grits require a separate covered pot. The greens also. Too many pots. But tonight I do not have to do any dishes. Nice.

Fairly even paragraphs. :)

Gotta love them there grits!!! I had breakfast fer supper tonight, to include grits...:p

Still fine tuning the freedom boolits!!!!o_O

Last Edited:
Placed a modest order at Rocky Mountain Reloaders (RMR); rainny season opens up time for indoor "hobbies".

We've been going at it pretty hard on Mondays at the range, so my #s are getting too close to zero balance..:eek:.

RMR produces some great products and they ship fast; included in the competitive prices.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top