JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Possibly, but I'd have to catch it in the failed state. Turning the truck off then starting it again seems to reset the fault.

Ed's Transmission in McMinnville did a free scan and told me to bring it back in the failed state and they would run another scan. But I took his advice and have the $94.00 part on order; should be here by Tuesday.

Thanks

Well, good luck on it! :)

Possibly, but I'd have to catch it in the failed state. Turning the truck off then starting it again seems to reset the fault.

Ed's Transmission in McMinnville did a free scan and told me to bring it back in the failed state and they would run another scan. But I took his advice and have the $94.00 part on order; should be here by Tuesday.

Thanks
Try Frontier Transmission in Mac for your future trans needs. No way I'd go back to Ed's, but that's just me.

I picked up two more 60-LED solar security lights from Harbor Freight.

I don't work for Harbor Freight but I mention this item since it has held up well in the wet weather and the recent cold weather. It has a motion detector and provides a good amount of light.

I recommend waiting until it periodically goes on sale - typically for under $30. Also, you might consider mounting the unit under a roof eave (or similar) for a bit of protection from direct rain and snow.

60 LED Solar Security Light

Just some odds and ends ...

• Ordered a 1,000 rounds of 9x19mm ammo.
  • Ordered some more MREs to replace some used up.
  • Finally got out and did a bunch of target practice with my nightstand pistol and my "around the property" large revolver. While up there, I cleaned up the private, family range a bit, though it still need some work after the nasty weather we got.

So, we had a flood scare here in Reno last week. Good prep practice. We prepared our house for flooding: sandbags, plastic, moving everything up 2 feet or more, and moving valuables out. As we were closing up the cargo storage container, dear husband kicked the handle shut and broke his foot.

Accidents are more likely in a stressful situation.

I had to finish sandbagging the garage and he had tied the bags with wire. I cut the hell out of my hands and am susceptible to skin infections. It took two days of neosporin almost every hour to stop the infection.

Accidents are more likely in a stressful situation.

Slowly getting the house back together. Putting th preps back today and doing inventory. It's a good thing because apparently I'm afraid of not having enough tampons :eek: Anyway, I've inventoried the food preps recently, but not the medical and hygiene preps. So, it was good to do. I can stop buying tampons and neosporin for a while.

The county grader pushed a bunch of gravel into the ditch and culverts along our property line, so we went down and cleaned them out; with the heavy rains coming and all. I pushed a lot of snow away-from and down hill-from the house.

...I had to finish sandbagging the garage and he had tied the bags with wire. I cut the hell out of my hands and am susceptible to skin infections. It took two days of neosporin almost every hour to stop the infection.

Accidents are more likely in a stressful situation...

Sorry to hear of you & your husbands injuries, hope he heals up as well as you!

--GLOVES!--

We have gloves near on every where. Work gloves, nice work gloves, reasonably nice leather gloves etc. Throughout the house, in the garage, in the truck, outside in the shed etc.

I also tend to keep some Nitrile gloves in a pocket on me as well. I also have a small mesh bag of synthetic liner gloves, for wearing under Nitrile gloves, for when I'll be wearing them for any length of time longer than a few minutes (mostly at work, but occasionally at home).

Today I cleaned up and prepped 300 Starline .45-70 cases, ready to load up, and made around a thousand beer-mat over-powder wads.

Tomorrow, if it's raining [again], I'll make up a couple of hundred 500gr RFN cartridges, in case the bad guys come up the street. I know for a fact that that round will clear and dust both sides of the average sedan, having tried the load out a while back, so I'm very confident that hiding behind most anything short of a Humvee will do them no good at all.

tac

There was a abandoned car at a gravel pit that folks shot at.
One time , I was shooting there with my '73 Trapdoor and some of the other shooters were making snide remarks about that old gun and all the smoke.

After they were done blasting away at the car , I was offered a chance to do the same.
Boom! goes the trapdoor and the whole car rocks violently and a fist sized hole appeared on the off side of the car.
No more snide remarks after that. :D

While that was fun ... It was better when we had a clean up day and removed the car and other assorted trash.
Andy

Handgun training; stationary bowling pin shape & size @ 10 yards; outdoors, while wearing body armor and gas mask. Then I scored on a quantity of brass-cased, boxer-primed, & non-corrosive 7.62X39 FMJ.

Cold but a great day.

Made a Costco run today. Made sure to pick up more gloves in Medium and large, Camelfilter ;) put one pair of each by the exterior garage door and the others stashed in a household supply bin. Picked up lots of other stuff, of course.

Finished putting all of f the preps back to their pre-flood scare location.

BTW, a ne thing I hadn't prepared for is the chance of well contamination. We have some water on hand, but not a lot because our water table is so high and we have a generator and gas. The reality that we might not have the most basic necessity, water was quite a shock. Won't make that mistake again.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top