JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see them as a poor man's soy/alfalfa sprout. I should plant some this summer and see what happens!

Just a note about alfalfa seeds/sprouts, I recently discovered in a couple of my medicinal herb books that alfalfa seeds/sprouts have been known to trigger lupus in some people. So if you ever had a hankering to plant alfalfa sprouts too, you might want to do some checking into that for your own info.

Just a note about alfalfa seeds/sprouts, I recently discovered in a couple of my medicinal herb books that alfalfa seeds/sprouts have been known to trigger lupus in some people. So if you ever had a hankering to plant alfalfa sprouts too, you might want to do some checking into that for your own info.
I have been told that all bean sprouts MUST be cooked due to a chemical inherent in the sprout that wards off insects, I wonder if there is a linkage?

Interesting. My books didn't go into specific discussion about the actual cause. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go down too many research rabbit holes.
I know, one can chase that rabbit for weeks..or more
I always use the Alpha-Beta Test
What's the Worst that can happen if I ignore sage advice?

What's the Best that can happen if I ignore Sage advise?

Cleaned my guns (saturday) after firing them at the range Friday night. Planned my next gun purchase and bought more ammo....

Also worked on a contingency if they come to get the guns during a martial law situation.

First lesson for my son on gun safety, and clearing a gun. Snap caps are great for this. Next lesson will be him watching me break the gun down and clean it. Looking forward to taking him to the range very shortly.

Cleaned my guns (saturday) after firing them at the range Friday night. Planned my next gun purchase and bought more ammo....

Also worked on a contingency if they come to get the guns during a martial law situation.

First lesson for my son on gun safety, and clearing a gun. Snap caps are great for this. Next lesson will be him watching me break the gun down and clean it. Looking forward to taking him to the range very shortly.

Nice job dad.

Picked up a used Yaesu FT2500M 2 Meter radio for our main driving vehicle. (Trucks have em, but the Suburban didn't until now)

Tested the range from our 2 Meter base station with it's antenna about 35' in the air to my truck driving around in the mountains and it's clear as day within the 20 or so miles I tested... when I have a chance I'm going to try getting to Vancouver with it and see how close I can get.

Vehicle-to-Vehicle communications should be ~20-30 miles as well. (Given Cascade mountain range hills and things that block signal.)

Finished-up raising the raised beds and moved on to dropping some alders. I was preparing to start my saw when a ruckus broke-out about 30 feet away. It sounded like something had jumped a grouse but I saw nothing, I'll go look for sign tomorrow but for now I'll stay out of the woods.

Could not find a trace of said bird, no feathers, nothing so now I'm thinking it could have been attacked by a hawk, which I have seen happen.
used truck winch to haul several bundles of wire and an old burn barrel from undergrowth, will go to transfer station FRI.

Are you leaving the MN as issued or are you gonna sink some more money into it?
PS someone is now making plastic strippers

Plastic strippers? I may have to look into that...BTW it's a 1941 Ishevsk M38, non matching I bought for $79 (with BGC) a decade ago. The as-issued stock looked like it had been glued back together after a tank ran over it. It shot indecently well for it's ugliness, so... I put it in an ATI stock, added a black leather shooting sling and a bent bolt handle Numrich had for cheap. Other than ammo, I've spent about as much money on it as I need to, though I may hose it down with Aluma-Hyde if I can decide between black or Matte Ruger Gray (the two cans I already have).

As for today's prep, I took an electric trimmer to the backyard "Urban Agriculture" strip. Revealed some snake holes under the winter's growth of weeds, and some large rocks sprouted that were not on the surface last fall.

For fun and as a mobile Bug out option, I also have a family member who is giving me a very large camo netting that will more than cover it when I get to our bug out location

image1_zps9i2r6alf.jpg

Plastic strippers? I may have to look into that...BTW it's a 1941 Ishevsk M38, non matching I bought for $79 (with BGC) a decade ago. The as-issued stock looked like it had been glued back together after a tank ran over it. It shot indecently well for it's ugliness, so... I put it in an ATI stock, added a black leather shooting sling and a bent bolt handle Numrich had for cheap. Other than ammo, I've spent about as much money on it as I need to, though I may hose it down with Aluma-Hyde if I can decide between black or Matte Ruger Gray (the two cans I already have).

As for today's prep, I took an electric trimmer to the backyard "Urban Agriculture" strip. Revealed some snake holes under the winter's growth of weeds, and some large rocks sprouted that were not on the surface last fall.
I have used Aluma Hyde as a primer coat and then added green and brown Krylon Camo to make a nice camo effect, it takes a week or more to cure but it lasts a long time and you will not have to worry about rust!:cool:
I picked-up this info on YouTube and one summer painted several guns then hung them in my green house to cure. I had some brown Rustoleum textured paint and used that to paint an old beech wood stock that had seen better days to upgrade a truck gun, worked quite well

Last Edited:
A very busy, AKA complicated morning followed by a trip to the transfer station and then a rewarding afternoon.
I have a chance at a 2WD quad "Ranger" it is cosmetically in very good condition, no obvious defects, $500.
I can afford the quad as well as a 3-9X40 scope in the $350. range. Should I buy the Quad?
Got the raised bed veg. garden almost done, should be done this weekend.
Have all the lumber for next building project, another shed roof accumulated.
Total cost under $100 using repurposed materials. Like a fool, I am planning the next addition before this one is complete and have 50% of the materials accumilated.
I'm enjoying the good times that are given to me, knowing I don't deserve any of them.

If it was a bird the carcass would be there,they usually just take the breasts,no?
Got cable hooked up at the new place so I can keep up with the rest of the world.
If I had a few hours to spare I would do a grid search but as I have a work schedule and as long as it was a small cat or big hawk, an animal that did not pose a threat I have to stick with the work schedule.
PS
A paying job:
Something you do to earn money
Retirement :
An unending, unpaid task you do for inner satisfaction.

Slavery:
See above

Talking about the beans, I grew some of these shelling beans a couple years ago. I got about 5 pounds per 120 row. Shelling them was sitting down on the patio at night. They tasted pretty good when cooked though.

534_6507_thumb.jpg

We tilled about 9,000 square feet of garden today. Rented a nice Barreto tiller which did the job but beat the hell out of me. I WILL rent a tractor next time.

Planted 100 feet of onions, 100 feet of potatoes and 16 tomato plants. Got the drip mainline out and the drip line laid. Got about another 1500 feet to plant.

I had the 6 year old grandson and 3 year old grand daughter out there a couple days ago when I was thinning raspberries,and they both like to help. I will get them involved in planting some more where they are here this next week.

Last Edited:
Talking about the beans, I grew some of these shelling beans a couple years ago. I got about 5 pounds per 120 row. Shelling them was sitting down on the patio at night. They tasted pretty good when cooked though.

View attachment 235163

We tilled about 9,000 square feet of garden today. Rented a nice Barreto tiller which did the job but beat the hell out of me. I WILL rent a tractor next time.

Planted 100 feet of onions, 100 feet of potatoes and 16 tomato plants. Got the drip mainline out and the drip line laid. Got about another 1500 feet to plant.

I had the 6 year old grandson and 3 year old grand daughter out there a couple days ago when I was thinning raspberries,and they both like to help. I will get them involved in planting some more where they are here this next week.

You must be all geared up to do some SERIOUS…. I mean SERIOUS…. canning when harvest time rolls around. :eek:

Nice garden, Coastrange! Maybe big enough to call a truck farm!;)
I hear you on the drip lines and seep hoses. Got them out, water's going to be at a premium this year! Planing on pumping bath water out to a barrel, which I just picked up!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top