JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got me a new truck! Well a 2003 chev 1500. Nothing fancy,just a nice used 4X4.
Stopped at the largest Military surplus store I have ever seen in Idaho Falls. Man, had I not been broke from buying a house and truck,I would have been broke shopping there. I acquired a stainless covered elevator door from a friend last year and bought some huge casters for when I built a stand for it
The place is at least a football field in square footage.

The harness and hydration attachment came yesterday. Once I got it sorted out (whoever put it together did it backwards) and put the hydration pack together with it, and adjusted it, I could see this was going to work a lot better than my Camelback hydration pack. But I do need to get something for the lower back of it - there is just a waist strap there, unlike most other harnesses I have seen.

Now I need to get some attachments and thingies (a technical tactical word) that will allow me to attach my holsters and knives and other thingies to the molle attachment points.

Received two new beretta 92 mags to fill the mag pouch on my new Itilian army sholder holster. All new mags now.
As an aside, I searched all over town for them and found exactly one at NW Armory! Since it was $49.95 I passed. I'm wondering if the recent import of Italian police Beretta's has caused a run on new mags? BTW I had a hard time on the net also, either out of stock or fifty bucks + shipping! Got these at armsunlimited.com at $29.95 no shipping fee. New Beretta mags made in Italy BTW.

Ordered:

Ten 3M P95 filter masks
Four Datrex 3600 calorie food bar packs
A pair of safety glasses to try out (if they work well, then I will get some more, one for each vehicle).

These are for GHBs that go in each of my family's vehicles. I see that not many people think about the issues of dust/smoke/etc. in the air in an emergency where you have to walk home. The glasses/goggles help when it is windy or raining or snowing - keeping the cold and wet and dust out of your eyes. The masks are not only for dust/etc., but can help when it is cold by preheating the air you take into your lungs and nasal passages.

Also ordered:

A small "deployment bag" to go on the waist strap of my chest harness I got yesterday. I noticed that most, if not all, of the Condor chest harnesses are backless. I wish I had known that before; I thought the Molle load carrying attachment portion went all the way around the back. I notice that on Amazon all of those harnesses don't show the back. :mad:

I will make it work, but I would have looked harder at others if I had known I had to buy something else to put some carrying capacity back there.

Also, ordering some Molle hardware to attach my knives to my harness. I don't think I will do the upside down mount on the strap; not going to play at being Rambo or take a chance on the other problems with that placement (falling out, putting the knife back, etc.); probably attach any knives vertically near the waist area.

^^^^Yeah Heretic, I've been a little frustrated by the lack of attachment points on the back of my Condor chest rig. I've added a SnugPac, ResponsePac (it's a big fanny pack). It holds a surprising cargo of gear. I like the Condor products a lot, they are so well cut and sewn. I remember back in the day when it would be an insult to junk to call Condors that!

Made a supply dash into Gresham for Bldg Sup. Paint, seed spuds and the like, trimming suckers from apple trees, raising deer fence bucking more wood tomorrow. moving hay on wed. and then more work:)

^^^^Yeah Heretic, I've been a little frustrated by the lack of attachment points on the back of my Condor chest rig. I've added a SnugPac, ResponsePac (it's a big fanny pack). It holds a surprising cargo of gear. I like the Condor products a lot, they are so well cut and sewn. I remember back in the day when it would be an insult to junk to call Condors that!
That's very similar to what I am buying, but larger.

I looked at about a dozen different bags, and decided on one because it had features that made it easier and more stable to go on the waist belt. Also, it was thinner; I didn't want it to stick out a lot. I want my setup to easily go under my poncho and maybe under my rain shell too, without it being too apparent that I am wearing it.

Jim, a surprise change of plans resulted in my selling a horse trailer, 3 large sales in 4 weeks! I took Dear Heart out for a delicious steak dinner and on Thursday morning I will have the (hopefully) last needed repair done to her rig and paid off a former repair bill. I even have money left over for a new scope and some other goods:rolleyes:

The harness and hydration attachment came yesterday. Once I got it sorted out (whoever put it together did it backwards) and put the hydration pack together with it, and adjusted it, I could see this was going to work a lot better than my Camelback hydration pack. But I do need to get something for the lower back of it - there is just a waist strap there, unlike most other harnesses I have seen.

Now I need to get some attachments and thingies (a technical tactical word) that will allow me to attach my holsters and knives and other thingies to the molle attachment points.

I ordered the Condor harness and a molle radio holder.

I haven't tried it on yet, but I will be curious if it stretches far enough to fit my huge frame.

I'm thinking about sending the harness to a leatherworker I know, to see if he can make a leather version of it. I'm not a big fan of nylon.. I prefer leather holsters.

Picked up the book Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse byJames Wesley Rawles. Looks like a good book so far, I'm only 1 chapter into it so far.

It goes through a fictional economic collapse scenario where you see a team enact their bugout plan. (At least that's what I've seen so far)

It came highly recommended, and definitely makes you think about things.

I ordered the Condor harness and a molle radio holder.

I haven't tried it on yet, but I will be curious if it stretches far enough to fit my huge frame.

I'm thinking about sending the harness to a leatherworker I know, to see if he can make a leather version of it. I'm not a big fan of nylon.. I prefer leather holsters.
I am 6'6" and 240# with a bit of belly (not a lot, enough to know that I should lose it, but you can see it - on my frame I can carry more weight than most without it being that noticeable).

The harness fits my frame, I had to cinch it down quite a bit in the back to make it not flop around.

The OneTigris bag came today. Smaller than I thought it would be, I could use a larger one (a bit wider - another couple of inches on either side would be fine). But it is large enough to fit well on the back belt of the harness and it is not too thick to fit under outerwear. If I go ahead and get another larger one, this one could maybe fit on either side of the harness in the front.

Way to go, Jack! I'm picking up my Dodge PU tomorrow AM. Had $1400 repairs and improvements done. Shocks, brakes, plugs, trans service, flush braking and power steering, etc!
I'm a happy guy because I can trust it to get me to the range for some much needed practice!:D

I was so beat I had to retreat to Site #2 for much needed R&R. Tomorrow, I'll load hay, mow lawn then buy a six-pack!
I'll also be looking for a new scope, 2-7, 3-9, 4-12 power...can't make-up my mind, but it's fun lookin' for one!

Last Edited:
Bought new peanut butter to replace the peanut butter we pulled out of our "stash"..

You may laugh, but I got 4 kids... Try going into the apocalypse with 4 kids and without peanut butter and see how far ya get!! Besides, the 16 yo is a better rifle shot than I am.. Need him to be happy!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top