JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some of you might only like black guns, but black guns are one of my pet peeves. I have a lot of stainless, "ODG", and "FDE" guns simply because I get tired of seeing so many black guns all the time. One of my favorite hues? Magpul "foliage" green. Wish they still made it.

But a bigger pet peeve than all black guns all the time is when someone snaps the cylinder of a revolver closed like they do in the movies. Had a bi-mart clerk do that the other day in front of me to a Charter Arms 357.

I always thought it was the gun not the 25acp caliber. Has there ever been a 25acp pistol that was actually worth betting your life on?
The Beretta Jetfire was a pretty good little pocket pistol. And much as I despise Taurus, their little clone of it was pretty good too. Larger grip, 9 round mag, tip up barrel, decent sights, etc. Got it for my mom - she has arthritis and has difficulty racking the slide repeatedly, but the tip-up barrel eliminates the need to do so. That little gun ate everything I fed it, not a single hiccup. Would be fine with carrying it if I needed to, though I much prefer a .380.

Some of you might only like black guns, but black guns are one of my pet peeves. I have a lot of stainless, "ODG", and "FDE" guns simply because I get tired of seeing so many black guns all the time. One of my favorite hues? Magpul "foliage" green. Wish they still made it.

But a bigger pet peeve than all black guns all the time is when someone snaps the cylinder of a revolver closed like they do in the movies. Had a bi-mart clerk do that the other day in front of me to a Charter Arms 357.
Why is that on the revolver thing, just curious.

About black rilfes, I pretty much end up making all my AR's look the same, a mostly black gun with an tan pistol grip, a tan stock, and tan handguard accessories like rail covers, hand-stops, vertical grips etc. Trying to break that with my new BCM 16" upper/Aero lower build which I will be rattle canning soon. Pretty excited about that.

Why is that on the revolver thing, just curious.

About black rilfes, I pretty much end up making all my AR's look the same, a mostly black gun with an tan pistol grip, a tan stock, and tan handguard accessories like rail covers, hand-stops, vertical grips etc. Trying to break that with my new BCM 16" upper/Aero lower build which I will be rattle canning soon. Pretty excited about that.
Revolvers can be robust but that snapping action can bend the crane (probably not good for the cylinder latch or any other components either). A cylinder should be closed much more gently than that. Here are some tips to keep in mind if you're a revolver owner, especially of the newer variety: https://revolverguy.com/revolver-101-dos-and-donts/

The use of the term MIL-SPEC like it is some benchmark of quality in regards to parts/components/firearms/etc...

MIL-SPEC parts/etc... are literally built by the lowest bidder that can meet the minimum requirement of quality.

FDE is ok as colors go, but I like to call it "WCT" wet cat turd, which is more representative of the actual color...

Lot of good ones in here already…

First one I think of: was the poor customer service in South sound FFLs/retail stores in the heat of COVID….probably many other stores too.

I'm not ignorant but I don't know everything. I usually know what I want before walking in the store or I'm browsing not intending on spending $$ that day. I don't see too many arrogant/bougie A holes much anymore. That was disappointing.

I've chalked it up to the counter guys answering the same stupid (new owners, arrogant) questions; or correcting comments in regards to gun terminology. I just in-vision endless stupid comments from new buyers and it just breaks the politeness needed in for customer service. I guess for any gun grab the FFLs/retailers get tired of it and I give them grace but I'm pretty good at reading the room and I decide not to shop there for awhile. Sure enough those A holes don't stick around for long.

Second and similar/opposite to recent post…

Ignorant burger flipping (look like) teenagers behind the gun counter "helping" new or experienced gun buyers.

Or the counter guys who look permanently high….

Not really a "pet peeve"....more of a Ummmm....No.

This has happened often....
I put on my display of original , as in antique muzzle loaders , and give a talk about them , the history around their time periods and the like....

Then afterwards someone will come to me and say I : "I got one just like that one."
As a general rule they usually are pointing to either this one :
My original St. Louis made "Plain Rifle" , made by F.E. Seiferth circa 1850

Or. this one...

My original J.Henry Trade Rifle circa 1800 -1820's.

When I express my desire to see their rifle....
They return showing me either their Thompson Center "Hawken" rifle or CVA or Traditions "Kentucky Rifle".
Now....all three of the above can make for a fine rifle..however none are close to either of the originals in my example.

With all of the above in mind...
Please don't misunderstand me or my intent here.
I am not saying that one must have or even like any firearm of mine....

I am saying , that while many so-called replicas or reproductions make for a fun and fine firearm....
Many , if not most of them , fall a bit short in the details to make them an actual copy of the firearm they are trying to replicate .
Which in and of itself is not a bad thing...it is just something to consider.
Andy

Last Edited:
Close. Ive had 3 name brand guns all take 2 or more trips back to the mfg. One I just got back, another cost half way to a Staccato. I know a friend who ordered a custom $4800ish 1911 and it never ran and eventually the barrel broke, twice.

And they have the audacity to tell you it takes "about" 200rds to "break in" (another pet peeve of mine). Im sorry, if I spend any amount over a grand on a new gun I expect it to eat any brand ammo out of the box.

I dont have any faith anymore in quality in production.
Yet the people swoon over them just give me a P226 or a Cz SP01 any day !

89D143BC-EBCB-42F4-B190-2BA249D308DC.jpeg

The "snick" that Hollywood overlies every time someone aims a semiauto…

The lit fart sound of Hollywood silencers that are 2" long...

The gall the ATF has to make us wait 12mo for a BRC, and collect $200…

"I won't buy a Glock because it doesn't have a safety"…

"Nobody needs an AR to hunt deer"…

Hillary Holes…

Lawyer triggers…

Keltec, Taurus, HiPoint, anything Zamak alloy…

Classified scalpers like the jackazz selling Anderson frames for $1000, but I'm not happy with $100 primer pricks either...

On YouTube I loath the 17,000 slide safety checks to show clear.
Mag out, one rack.. it's empty.
There is this trend where guys will rack the slide 3-5-10 times in a video. And unless the smoothness of the slide is being put on display, more often than not it's just this thing so many do like some kind of ensure clear OCD.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top