JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another pot stir.
(Get the popcorn...)

When I take my kids to a playdate and the parents tell me they dont lock up their guns "cause -their- kids know better"....

Honestly? It irritates me when I see people post photos of guns on Reddit unsolicited. It's clear as day they're fishing for praise and validation.

I don't mind the "show your X" threads on here because I can visit them if I want to see stuff, but I don't like scrolling through Reddit posts to see some insecure person posting their stuff with some humblebrag "I know I'm a poor, but..." tag.

Stop worrying if you have the latest, hi-speed, frosty gear, and spend more time on ammo and training as opposed to trying to keep up with the "eLiTe oPeRaToRz" out there (who, half the time, just show off their gear so you'll buy their special line of XYZ anyhow).

I also get irritated when I see gun people arguing over stupid things instead of coming together to defeat our common enemies: the gun grabbers. As i've said elsewhere, I suspect that part of this is due to the independent and self-reliant nature of most gun owners in general (conservative mindset, more often than not), but the fact remains that, as a group, we're just not as well organized as our opponents, and it's costing us.

Regarding NWFA-specific peeves: selling something or otherwise taking it off the market and NOT LOCKING YOUR AD.

"I just bought this xxxxx - what do you think of it?"

STFU, the time to ask for opinions and do research was prior to the purchase.

I was going to say that but did not want to be mean some do have the intention of getting a better scope but cannot afford it . I also purchased several of these rifles because they would not shoot well with the $80 scope and $7 mounts lol !
Have numerous guns that are not go to war or hunting guns. They do excellent with inexpensive but very durable red dots and have for many years of use. Even semi auto 12 gauge which beats the hell out of red dots. No problem at all. Have a 14 year old leapers scope that gets beat up and used a lot. Never lost zero in that time. 3-9x with mil dot. The critical thing is get durability/quality. That is not a function of price a lot of times. And that does not mean cheap = good, it may be junk or may be good, you have to do your homework. Quality is quality, no matter how much you pay for it. The trick is to get good quality for the intended use ideally inexpensively, which leaves more $ for more guns and ammo. Hunting or go to war the acceptable level of quality may cause many/most of the cheaper ones to be excluded.

Fe $325 samyang/irix lens 15mm camera lens is just as good as a $2100 Zeiss 15mm lens (I've had both and independent testing proves it also). But you have to do your homework and not buy junk. There is junk available at pretty much all price points.

Another example is same red dots that are sold as vortex brand for $150 you can find under other brand names for $60. They are made in the same factory. In a lot of cases people are paying based on their ignorance or on some myth their father passed on about how much they should pay for a scope. Get over the hurdle of ignorance then you can make a good choice of quality for your intended purpose.

Last Edited:
Overweight "operators" who have a ton of gear and high end equipment but can't sprint 100 meters without having a heart attack.

But they will sit and lecture you on the best equipment for a fight even though it's obvious they don't have the cardio or physical ability to fight their way out of a wet paper bag without being out of breath/fatigued.

Gear only does so much. It's not a magic pill.

I hate the Tacticool industry in general.
I like the hunters looking for the most lightweight rifle. "Bro, lose 100#, that'll make the most difference".

I like the hunters looking for the most lightweight rifle. "Bro, lose 100#, that'll make the most difference".
No joke.

Or quad rails are "too heavy" that's why I run Mlok. How about loose the spare tires around your waist, run, and lift some weights.

Addressing symptoms through gear vs. solving the issue at its core.

6E81E3F8-391E-44FC-A00E-CA7FA629F468.jpeg

Patches.
Bumper stickers.
Tactical clothing.
Grunt style.
Molle.

Stupid cerakote designs.

People look for validation. Very common trait.
"
Best,
Gary
Oh, I know exactly what they are doing. I guess I should say that I hate the validation seeking posts where they pose it as a question about the quality of the item. If you want validation, just acknowledge that.

After reading through this list of peeves, most have been covered. These then might just be mine, maybe not.
Whisky Tahoe here handing out :What The ...?" or WT? awards.

Gun Trades... WT?,
List a price then go buy something when your gun sells. Of course I can't see selling a gun either.
I had to have it when I bought it so I think I'll keep it.

Price gouging in the classifieds. Mostly covered already but this deserves a little more spittle so to speak.
No your Glock has not gone up in value. No your primers are not worth .15 apiece either. WT? to you both.

Expensive rimfire ammunition. Why does 17HMR and 22Mag have to be so expensive?
Same applies to the .410 and don't forget the "legal" hunting 12 gauge ammo that runs over $5 a shell.
Another WT?

Why hasn't somebody made a durable 22LR snap cap? WT?
Dry firing a 22 is normally bad for the chamber, so there is a pent up market for people
who want to practice dry firing their 22s. I have gotten by with used 22 brass but it doesn't feed worth a crap.

People who buy a house or property next to a gun range that has been there for the last 80 years then complaining about it. Yup those folks are special... They get a WT?

Promags that won't feed. Yes they are cheap and should be avoided but why go to all the trouble to make a magazine but fall on your face when it comes to it actually working. WT?

People with no sense of brass discipline WT?
If your gun is spraying me with your brass, go get a screen.
No it isn't funny, and something tells me karma has plans for you.

Finally, why is the OSP so slow at clearing BGCs. Other states have it figured out. WT?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top