JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What firearms related things/trends/etc. really grind your gears? Bring out the autistic rage within? Make you wince in judgment and cringe? Post em here if you please, and discuss.

I'll start with one, people putting compact style weapon lights on full size handguns. Like putting a Streamlight TLR-7a on a Glock 17 or something like that. I feel like it's usally the compact Olights on like a full size P320 that i see on reddit. (Olights are a whole other thing too lol). I hate it so much 😂

What are ya'lls gun pet peeves? I will extend this to accessories, tactical gear, w/e.

Something that I dislike , is when folks discount some firearms just 'cause they are old ...
Or replicas of antique firearms.

While I am not saying that we all need to go back to flintlocks or percussion firearms.
I am saying that these firearms still work well for the purposes that they were made for.
Andy

images.jpeg-185.jpg

Andy's idea of tighty whiteys

More:

The idea that you actually NEED a 30 round magazine for everything.

River fording snorkels on Jeep Wranglers. Which go above the middle field on the windshield. If the vehicle actually goes that deep, the snorkel won't save them.

The idea that you need two sets of personal body armor. Or one, for that matter. My pal of 60 years in New Mexico, are you listening?

The incessant introduction of new, gee-whiz cartridges.

Sellers on Gunbroker who have no sense of urgency or good customer service. When I have sold, I've been hot on it to get the item out to the receiving dealer and into the hands of the buyer. Lately as a buyer, I'm finding that isn't a universal attitude.

That's enough for now.

Crappy guns made by crappy manufacturers and the people that try to convince everyone they're not junk.

Biggest pet peeve in the firearm world or at least here in the forum....

What is the best_______ insert the following :
Gun , cartridge , caliber , loading for whatever purpose the thread has in mind... :D

Best is extremely subjective.
What is best for me...is based on my :
Experience...
Likes or dislikes...
Situation....
Use...
All of which is important for me...but may not be for someone else.
Andy

A brand new gun that doesnt work.

.....and shipping it under warranty twice, for the same reason.

...and from a high end manufacturer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads