JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By all means, capitalize on the huge spikes in sales. But they should have put a good chunk of the massive extra profits away for the inevitable slowdown that was sure to come. And they should have planned carefully with regards to adding expensive infrastructure and equipment that couldn't be supported when the inevitable downturn happened.
That's not how corporations behave any more. It's all about milking every last cent to shareholders and just get taxpayer bailouts when they over extend themselves.

Great read, I loved the part about "smart guns"! Will I have to take a hammer to them like I did to the "thumb drive" (aka USB drive) that required a fingerprint to access (never did work worth a *****)? Why is the "pre-order" such a well kept secret? Who has "pre-ordered" their "smart gun"?

Last Edited:
Great read, I loved the part about "smart guns"! Will I have to take a hammer to them like I did to the "thumb drive" that required a fingerprint to access (never did work worth a *****)? Why is the "pre-order" such a well kept secret? Who has "pre-ordered" their "smart gun"?
I hope they get things worked out for smart guns even though I won't buy one.

Have no fear, there'll be another run starting in just a few months. It's the run up to the next presidential election.

And of course the US Government is ramping up talk about mandatory Covid shots this coming cold and flu season. Couple that with the possibility of lockdowns again, can never rule that out…

And finally, Brandon's administration is considering limiting the number of beers one can drink on a daily basis. Good thing I switched to bourbon and rye…
and the turds in charge want to ban fans,????? cuz??? BLM i guess or white supremacy, cuz ceiling fans destroy the ozone or is it that they kill the whales. no wait I THINK THEY FRACK . YUP THATS IT, WALMART CEILING FANS CAUSE FRACKING...Good God we have really gone over the edge as a nation.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 12-02-55 A few more Biden actions.png

Have no fear, there'll be another run starting in just a few months. It's the run up to the next presidential election.

And of course the US Government is ramping up talk about mandatory Covid shots this coming cold and flu season. Couple that with the possibility of lockdowns again, can never rule that out…

And finally, Brandon's administration is considering limiting the number of beers one can drink on a daily basis. Good thing I switched to bourbon and rye…
Will government need a new "emergency action" to be able to force compliance or are we well trained enough to just go along? I like the stores an restaurants that never removed their covid equipment.

Pretty sure all three of those things are true. We do have an election coming up, the CDC actually did use the word "mandatory" and yes, they've been talking about limiting your beer intake, so far voluntarily, but I put that in the "two weeks" category.
Pretty sure the last two aren't true.

There's been talk about asking for government funding for Covid vaccines for everyone. I have seen no credible news source stating those vaccines would be mandatory for all Americans.

As for beer, there is talk about the CDC revising its recommendations on weekly consumption. And this is where media "truthiness" and spin comes into play. Here is how Fox News reported this on August 25:

"President Biden's alcohol czar says Americans may be told by officials to have no more than two beers a week." (Emphasis added)

Here is how MSN reported it the same day:

"Americans may be urged to drink no more than one or two beers weekly..." (Emphasis added)

Someone reading the phrase "may be told" could easily misinterpret that as a mandate or requirement. And that is how nammac presented it. On the other hand "may be urged" implies it's a suggestion rather than a requirement. And in this case, "may be urged" is closer to the actual truth of the matter. There are no credible media sources reporting that drinking no more than two beers per week will be a requirement. And honestly, that doesn't even sound realistic.

This is precisely why it's so important for people to read & consume news media with a more critical eye. There are a lot of misinformed people out there these days because they read news articles and don't fully understand that what they just read was carefully crafted to manipulate them, and to elicit a certain interpretation or viewpoint. And often an interpretation or viewpoint that isn't entirely accurate. Or is at best misleading.

Even worse, too many people these days purposefully seek out news sources that are going to provide that spun narrative rather than just the cold hard facts. Because those people only want to hear what they want to hear.

This was why in 2022 Fox News got hit with a nearly $1B defamation lawsuit. Executives at Fox News knew that some of the "news" they were reporting about the 2020 election was complete bullsh*t. But text messages and emails revealed that those executives were far more concerned with telling their viewers what those viewers wanted to hear rather than telling them the truth they needed to hear. Fox News feared that if they didn't lie, their viewers would go to other "news" networks that would tell those viewers the sweet, sweet lies they wanted to hear.

Problem is, the truth of any given matter usually (not always, but usually) comes to the forefront eventually. Leaving egg on the faces of those who dwell in or profit from misinformation.

There's been talk about asking for government funding for Covid vaccines for everyone. I have seen no credible news source stating those vaccines would be mandatory for all Americans.

As for beer, there is talk about the CDC revising its recommendations on weekly consumption. And this is where media "truthiness" and spin comes into play. Here is how Fox News reported this on August 25:

"President Biden's alcohol czar says Americans may be told by officials to have no more than two beers a week." (Emphasis added)

"Americans may be urged to drink no more than one or two beers weekly..." (Emphasis added)

Someone reading the phrase "may be told" could easily misinterpret that as a mandate or requirement. And that is how nammac presented it. On the other hand "may be urged" implies it's a suggestion rather than a requirement. And in this case, "may be urged" is closer to the actual truth of the matter. There are no credible media sources reporting that drinking no more than two beers per week will be a requirement. And honestly, that doesn't even sound realistic.

This is precisely why it's so important for people to read & consume news media with a more critical eye. There are a lot of misinformed people out there these days because they read news articles and don't fully understand that what they just read was carefully crafted to manipulate them, and to elicit a certain interpretation or viewpoint. And often an interpretation or viewpoint that isn't entirely accurate. Or is at best misleading.

Even worse, too many people these days purposefully seek out news sources that are going to provide that spun narrative rather than just the cold hard facts. Because those people only want to hear what they want to hear.

This was why in 2022 Fox News got hit with a nearly $1B defamation lawsuit. Executives at Fox News knew that some of the "news" they were reporting about the 2020 election was complete bullsh*t. But text messages and emails revealed that those executives were far more concerned with telling their viewers what those viewers wanted to hear rather than telling them the truth they needed to hear. Fox News feared that if they didn't lie, their viewers would go to other "news" networks that would tell those viewers the sweet, sweet lies they wanted to hear.

Problem is, the truth of any given matter usually (not always, but usually) comes to the forefront eventually. Leaving egg on the faces of those who dwell in or profit from misinformation.
Remember where I said "so far voluntarily"?

Americans were "urged" to get a covid shot too. That turned out to be much more than a suggestion to members of the military who were forced out, along with thousands of workers given their walking papers. If we look at the Canadian example, truckers were "urged" not to protest, and we saw how their government convinced them it was in their best interest to bow to the crown.

Americans were "urged" to get a covid shot too. That turned out to be much more than a suggestion to members of the military who were forced out, along with thousands of workers given their walking papers. If we look at the Canadian example, truckers were "urged" not to protest, and we saw how their government convinced them it was in their best interest to bow to the crown.
I will not be remotely surprised if they try to make it mandatory for schools, hospitals, airlines and big companies. They may even take another shot at the military.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top