JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When people take the "call of duty" approach to setting up a rifle they can barely afford. They buy the gun, and then try to outfit each "slot" right away with an extremely limited remaining budget so they buy the absolute cheapest P.O.S. optic, light, etc. they can find. Then they post pictures with pride and get butthurt and cry about "gatekeeping" and "elitism" when people troll them about their gear.

It ends usually one of two ways, the person realizes that they wasted money on an inferior product, or they become one of those "just as good" guys that gets into heated internet arguments all the time trying to defend their crap guns lol.

I think there are acceptable "budget" options in almost every category of guns, parts, and accessories. They might not impress the gucci gear guys but they work for what most people need them for.

Red (or any other color) anodized AR parts. Gets to a point where it's completely silly looking
THIS! ^^^

I just don't get it. I like my guns the way I like my coffee - black. I personally don't like FDE, ODG, or (heaven forbid) Coyote Brown all that much, but at least I understand why guns in those colors exist and why some people may want one. Heck, I even got an AUG clone in ODG - the price was right and I will begrudgingly admit it looks pretty damn cool. Grey? Sure, I can get behind that. Stainless? Fine by me. But red? Or blue? Or gold? WHY?!?! Did Ray Charles pick out your parts kit?!?! News flash - it's ugly.

The other thing that grinds my gears is when people cerakote graphics on their gun - flames, goofy colors, patterns, text... ugh. Just stop.

However, I don't mind pink guns and hello kitty or muddy girl graphics, because it also serves a purpose. Namely, why just shoot the bad guy when you can embarrass the crap out of him while you're at it?! Not only did they get shot by their prospective victim, they got shot by their pink hello kitty handgun. Doesn't get much lower than that, and I can only hope it serves as a deterrent for other bad guys out there.

'Here lies Ted. He took a .45 to the chest from a pink "muddy girl' Hi Point carbine. Don't be like Ted."

The often repeated posts about how 'we' will have to 'settle' for, or 'go back to' bolt/lever/pump action and revolvers after 'they' outlaw semi autos.

For many of us these are primary guns we own, and never forsake.

I don't like finding AR brass on the pistol range ground. I know legally it's a pistol that they are shot out of but it just ruins the pistol steel targets and honestly you can't shoot one of those things beyond 25 yds?

Taking of a scope mount off a sporterized military rifle, or older commercial non-factory-tapped sporter, and finding 5 holes in the receiver ring, and only two on centerline.

Bruce

What firearms related things/trends/etc. really grind your gears? Bring out the autistic rage within? Make you wince in judgment and cringe? Post em here if you please, and discuss.

I'll start with one, people putting compact style weapon lights on full size handguns. Like putting a Streamlight TLR-7a on a Glock 17 or something like that. I feel like it's usally the compact Olights on like a full size P320 that i see on reddit. (Olights are a whole other thing too lol). I hate it so much 😂

What are ya'lls gun pet peeves? I will extend this to accessories, tactical gear, w/e.
An sks with "upgraded" duckbill mag 😡

To me firearms is up to the individual, I disagree with a lot of the choices people make, but that's okay...
The one that I have found myself smiling about a lot recently is people who consistently benchrest shoot rifles/carbines at 15 or 25 yards. At the outdoor range where I shoot pistol you can use .22 rifles or pistol caliber carbines on the pistol range (they have a 50-100-200 yard rifle range).
I can understand that distance if you are starting to sight-in a new optic, but most are not. I just don't see the appeal of benchrest shooting at that close of distance.

Permission to vent? One thing that bugs me, the whole "Tactical" thing.
Should we all just go stand directly in front of the enemy and shoot each other like it's the Revolutionary War?

My biggest pet peeve is old fudd "I'm Pro-2A but..." types.

Individuals who can't orientate their iron sights in the correct direction.

Scope mounts that are backwards.

Pocket carry.

Urban carry/gimmick holsters.

People who play dress up.

"Kit" that has never been used or trained with. But it looks cool.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top