JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm glad the business was insured. Hopefully he gets enough money to live out his retirement comfortably and give enough to a predecessor to keep his business going another generation. It'd be a shame if this was the end of it.

Dang!!!

I lived there from 1987-1993 and I didn't even know it was there. I'm familiar with that area of town but didn't know about the biz. Apparently he wasn't a member of Lions or Rotary or I'd have met him. I hope he uses the insurance $$ to buy a fishing boat, but most of these small biz owners are very concerned about keeping their employees going. 9 or 10 employees out of work.

:(:(:(

I'm glad the business was insured. Hopefully he gets enough money to live out his retirement comfortably and give enough to a predecessor to keep his business going another generation. It'd be a shame if this was the end of it.
Yeah, downside is the mention of taking a lifetime to get the equipment he had in the shop.

Yeah, downside is the mention of taking a lifetime to get the equipment he had in the shop.

Oh, I know. And there's no amount of money that will be able to be spent to replace some of those irreplaceable machines. He's probably got things that went out of production in the early 1900's, if not before.

When our late member Iron Monster had his shop fire up in Seattle, he had to hire a professional insurance claims representative to handle his loss claims.
His insurance company tried real hard to weasel out of compensating him for actual value.

Last Edited:
While at work I've had all kinds of electrical spark, sizzle, and arc.

sends a chill down my spine everytime. I've been extremely lucky over the years. But it doesn't go by without notice,
I've learned to be more cautious and look ahead.
but it's scary to think how fast these little things and get out of control real quick

It looks like a catastrophic failure of the over-current protection device such as a Main circuit breaker failure to interrupt.:confused:
I have seen the results of a failure like this in large commercial buildings. After the fire was out the bus bars of the switch gear was a puddle of aluminum scraped off the floor!:eek::eek::eek:

Sounds like they are going to rebuild. Several barrel competitors have stepped forward and offered to help. They have also offered some of their specialized machines.
Nice to see some of the bigger companies step forward and help out a smaller shop.

Sounds like they are going to rebuild. Several barrel competitors have stepped forward and offered to help. They have also offered some of their specialized machines.
Nice to see some of the bigger companies step forward and help out a smaller shop.

Thanks for the share @Velzey, that'd be fantastic! Great that 2A competing businesses can come together and help another out.

If they can rebuild, I hope they do so out there, rather than relocating. Pretty depressed area business wise.

Thanks for the share @Velzey, that'd be fantastic! Great that 2A competing businesses can come together and help another out.

If they can rebuild, I hope they do so out there, rather than relocating. Pretty depressed area business wise.

Sounds like they have cleared the pad off and have applied for a new building permit. With a little expansion. Insurance is covering the cost of the building and a few machines.

I trust the contractor will go all copper wire....No shortcuts. Worker Elect.gif

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top