JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
fella's and ladie's if need be, i have been noticing some objections to the fact; that some people in the classifieds are not putting in the complete serial#s of their guns,and picking up some complaints.i belong to a few other forums on the net,and of course, none compare to my home port NWF.it has been mentioned before on some of the other forums that putting all serial #s down can lead a dishonest person to the point of reporting that particular gun ,with the complete serial # you just gave him ( stolen ),and then of course ,let the fun begin,just a note i thought i would share,rusobr2(steven)

What? I don't get it. Do you want to see serial numbers in for sale ad's?

I personally don't care if they are posted or not. I understand the concern about stolen guns and all but I doubt seriously that many people are attempting to sell stolen guns on this forum. I'm sure it could happen but I don't think it's likely is all.

I personally judge the person I'm purchasing from. If at anytime I get a funny feeling I'll bail every time. Isn't this what most of us do? FWIW I also won't sell a gun unless I'm very comfortable that the buyer isn't a felon.

What? I don't get it. Do you want to see serial numbers in for sale ad's?

I personally don't care if they are posted or not. I understand the concern about stolen guns and all but I doubt seriously that many people are attempting to sell stolen guns on this forum. I'm sure it could happen but I don't think it's likely is all.

I personally judge the person I'm purchasing from. If at anytime I get a funny feeling I'll bail every time. Isn't this what most of us do? FWIW I also won't sell a gun unless I'm very comfortable that the buyer isn't a felon.

I think he meant that some unscrupulous person would report it stolen with that information in hopes of getting a free firearm.

I wouldn't post a serial number. If they want to check the gun then they can call ther sheriff's dept in front of me while the deal is going on to run the number. I have done it

I don't feel comfortable posting serial numbers. If they wanted to check, I agree w/ the above poster. They can call PD or Sheriff. I think you can call the Firearms Instant Serial Number Check System....I think that's what it's called.

swampertwo ,you pretty much hit the nail on the head, as far as what i'm referring to,i really enjoy this forum,and have enjoyed my contacts with other members,and my (1) tradeout deal. nk777,i also feel the way you do as far as a gut feeling,i only posted this thread as a word of caution, thanks,steven

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top