JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the look of the rounded stock on the E-Series, but I wonder how that feels when held. Also, what's with the external extractor? Is that an improvement on the design or a gimmick? Your thoughts are welcome because I'm very interested in this model.
For my hand shape, the rounded butt had absolutely no difference in feel, but it sure made a difference in how much less it grabbed my shirt. As far as external extractor, I was never picky enough to care that it wasn't the Browning design. Unless I had loads of unfitted extractors in the drawer that I wanted to be able to use on future 1911's, I don't think the design would make a difference, but YMMV. And the trigger was super crisp!

I almost dare you to put a a permanent stain on the countertop.:cool:

A buddy of mine spent a lot of money on a new countertop when he did it. :D

LOL, the worst was microwaves when they first hit. Wife wanted one when they cost what a decent used car ran. I kept saying no, she won. I was working nights and I was sold immediately. Come home, slap some left overs in a dish and zap, dinner. The problem was Wife had everything Tupperware made and the stuff was pricey back then. I started promptly melting it and she hit the roof. Finally bought me some cheap stuff and warned me not to put her good stuff in there any more. :)

Well, as much as I'd like to drop some cash on that beautiful S&W, I've been alerted to the fact the Missus wants a new refrigerator. It's true. We need one.

Good thing she didn't veto it for a vacuum, 'cause that would really suck. Ba-da-Boom!

Are you telling us you actually let your wife know when you're buying a new gun? The last time I told her about a new gun was when it was HER gun. Otherwise, we tend to be on a don't-ask-don't-tell basis on gun purchases. You are a good man, willing to give up a 1911 for a Frigidaire.

BTW, fridges cost more than $1000 these days, but I'm sure you already know that...

Hey, I lived like this for a summer when I was a kid, the fridge died and it took 3 or 4 months to save up for a new one...

Petitioned the neighbors to make ice for us... Had a big ole Coleman Steel cooler... Made ice runs to the neighbors after school...

You should have bought a gun istead and kept getting ice from your neighbors! :D

Are you telling us you actually let your wife know when you're buying a new gun?

No way. But I need to use the money for the fridge. The one we want will run about $2500 when all is said and done. That's two S&W's and a Taurus!

But I'm cool with it since we're in the middle of Sig P238 season and I got nowhere to hide a 1911. Nowhere comfortable, that is.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top