JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would suggest a low price...even if the firearms come with ammo...and are in excellent shape.
The low price is because if you have a common firearm...well...its common , so lots out there to choose from when buying.
^ This. I've been in the position many a time in which it was better, for various reasons, to list at a very low rate and move on. Someone out there is happy to get a deal and you get to move on to the next chapter in life with some green in the pocket. Win-win.

Selling firearms fast....these days just ain't in the cards.
With FFL fees , Background checks and wait times.....makes it all a PITA.

I would suggest a low price...even if the firearms come with ammo...and are in excellent shape.
The low price is because if you have a common firearm...well...its common , so lots out there to choose from when buying.

Not the information you wanted to hear , I am sure.
In any event...good luck with your sales...and best of luck with your move and new job.
Andy
Agree. And also hate to say it but the guns I've been looking at are the cheapest they have ever been or close to it. I bought a couple I thought I would never buy just cuz ridiculously cheap right now. One example I didn't buy but should ha ha is Cz shadow 2 less than $900 when used to be up to $1600 just a year ago. Not a universal generalization of all guns all brands just my impression of current prices.

also hate to say it but the guns I've been looking at are the cheapest they have ever been or close to it. I bought a couple I thought I would never buy just cuz ridiculously cheap right now. One example I didn't buy but should ha ha is Cz shadow 2 less than $900 when used to be up to $1600 just a year ago. Not a universal generalization of all guns all brands just my impression of current prices.
This may be a trend that develops further in west coast states. New laws have made it more difficult to shift guns around. Therefore, people may have to lower prices to entice new buyers. Better maybe for sellers to sell them through online venues in other states where buyers may be more keen.

I'm never impressed by ammo coming with. Its unlikely to be my preferred ammo. And I don't know how it has been stored. I certainly don't pay more for the gun because of ammo being with.

I'm never impressed by ammo coming with. Its unlikely to be my preferred ammo. And I don't know how it has been stored. I certainly don't pay more for the gun because of ammo being with.
If it's factory new ammo, I'll give "consideration". Like you, it may not be my preferred, but it's shooing ammo. Most of my shooting is fun, not serious and it really doesn't matter to me what I'm shooting.

1705283370815.png

Aloha, Mark

Anybody here consigned guns to sell with a vendor on gunbroker? What kind of commissions do they take?

That would at least allow you to ship them off and sell them to a national audience in multiple states including states that don't have laws that kill the used market .

Don't expect to sell used guns at new prices however . For any common gun availabke new there will be multiple listings of the new gun selling at attractive NIB prices . Generally for less than gun store prices.

Last Edited:
The other side of that is, when a seller includes ammo with a gun, he is quite often giving it away. Or letting it go for a fraction of its value. This situation is akin to selling optics mounted on a rifle. A seller will nearly always get more money for the ammo and accessories if sold separately from the basic firearm in the deal.

An exception to this might be if the arm is a military semi auto and it comes with a large quantity of factory ball ammo. But you'd still get more selling the ammo separately.

Pawn shop probably will give you 25% of actual value (used value, but new). Gun shop probably 50%-65%. I would just sell it on NWFA and if they don't sell go to a gun shop. Price is the key. Many used guns are listed here for 100-130% of their NEW cost. Such sellers don't want to really sell them I guess or have no idea what they are worth. Those guns sit forever and don't sell. Well priced guns sell, very well priced guns sell fast. All imo.
The other day I was at a pawn shop and someone was asking how much I could get for my gun. The guy behind the counter said about half of what you paid for it without asking what it was.

The other day I was at a pawn shop and someone was asking how much I could get for my gun. The guy behind the counter said about half of what you paid for it without asking what it was.
Probably fair estimation. The 25% came from everyone's favorite blonde at Tigard pawn for more (the favorite part is sarcasm). They are probably lower than most but just a guess.

Probably fair estimation. The 25% came from everyone's favorite blonde at Tigard pawn for more (the favorite part is sarcasm). They are probably lower than most but just a guess.
Pawn shops buy for dimes on the dollar across the board. It's primarily a cash loaning business, so buying too much stuff can hinder their daily operations.

The guy behind the counter said about half of what you paid for it without asking what it was.
I've heard a similar thing from a pawnbroker. I think he said, "About half what it cost new." And in this case, it was a gun I hated so I let him have it for about that.

Anybody here consigned guns to sell with a vendor on gunbroker? What kind of commissions do they take?

That would at least allow you to ship them off and sell them to a national audience in multiple states including states that don't have laws that kill the used market .

Don't expect to sell used guns at new prices however . For any common gun available new there will be multiple listings of the new gun selling at attractive NIB prices . Generally for less than gun store prices.
Lock, Stock and Barrel in Simi Valley, CA does an excellent job on Gunbroker. Lots of high-quality photos and comprehensive descriptions. They take a 25% commission.

I don't know, but my guess is that the average pawn shop would offer less then 50% of the original sale price of most handguns, perhaps more for a classic revolver and less for a polymer 9mm or .40 caliber.
I think the most they can hope to eventually resell the gun for is 2/3 to 3/4 of the original price and in the mean time their money is tied up in the firearm sitting in the display case. Personally, I would want at least 33% off to bother with buying a used gun instead of a new one... Unless it was something like a Colt Python or a classic Smith and Wesson.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top