JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I need to sell my firearms super fast. I'm leaving the state in 2 weeks and need to offload five firearms. Any places you recommend for selling guns either online or in person?

Last Edited:
Any gun dealer or pawn shop will buy them quickly, but they will buy them for far less than you'll like.
Engage in the threads here and that should speed things up.

I see you have some up for sale.
The way to sell them fast here is to put the price lower than they may be worth.
Everybody wants a good deal. ;)
Another point would be to find an FFL for the transfers that will hold the gun. That way you'll have your money and won't have to wait around for the buyer to clear the background check.

Hi all, I need to sell my firearms super fast. I'm leaving my the date in 2 weeks and have been told my account is limited because I'm new to the site. Any places you recommend for selling guns either online or in person?
Sadly the sale has to go through an FFL. This often makes the sale take longer. What I would do? Take them to a shop or two, see what they will offer in cash. Set a price a little higher than that here and you "should" have no problem since the shop is not going to offer anywhere near what they will sell for. Some shops will sell for you on commission also. May ask about that. See if one will sell them that way and get you a little more and be willing to send you a check when they sell.

The way to sell them fast here is to put the price lower than they may be worth.
Another point would be to find an FFL for the transfers that will hold the gun. That way you'll have your money and won't have to wait around for the buyer to clear the background check.
He did not price them to sell fast, he priced them to sell when:

1705153140191.jpeg

Seller at a dealer or pawn shop will likely be the fastest, though most likely not bring the best return. Sales here can be fairly quick, depending on what the item is. If you should require any assistance with said, at your service. :)

List them here for an attractive price and have a set date/meet location OR put them all on consignment with a shop that can send you the funds out of state. I've never done consignment before.. but that could be an option for you depending on their requirements.

As much as I love pawn shops, as a seller you'll be getting very very little for your firearms as they have to make a profit on them as well.. I'd use it as a last ditch option though.

Almost as if pawn shops are deceptive, aggressive, and predatory by nature…

Consignment at a smaller FFL would help out a small business, but you won't get cash in hand as fast. Walking them around a gun show could be the most fun option. There's usually nachos.

Pawn shop probably will give you 25% of actual value (used value, not new). Gun shop probably 50%-65%. I would just sell it on NWFA and if they don't sell go to a gun shop. Price is the key. Many used guns are listed here for 100-130% of their NEW cost. Such sellers don't want to really sell them I guess or have no idea what they are worth. Those guns sit forever and don't sell. Well priced guns sell, very well priced guns sell fast. All imo.

Last Edited:
Nachos are always good
Pawn shop probably will give you 25% of actual value (used value, but new). Gun shop probably 50%-65%. I would just sell it on NWFA and if they don't sell go to a gun shop. Price is the key. Many used guns are listed here for 100-130% of their NEW cost. Such sellers don't want to really sell them I guess or have no idea what they are worth. Those guns sit forever and don't sell. Well priced guns sell, very well priced guns sell fast. All imo.
Do you think mine are listed too high? They all come with ammo

Selling firearms fast....these days just ain't in the cards.
With FFL fees , Background checks and wait times.....makes it all a PITA.

I would suggest a low price...even if the firearms come with ammo...and are in excellent shape.
The low price is because if you have a common firearm...well...its common , so lots out there to choose from when buying.

Not the information you wanted to hear , I am sure.
In any event...good luck with your sales...and best of luck with your move and new job.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top