JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the look of the rounded stock on the E-Series, but I wonder how that feels when held. Also, what's with the external extractor? Is that an improvement on the design or a gimmick? Your thoughts are welcome because I'm very interested in this model.
For my hand shape, the rounded butt had absolutely no difference in feel, but it sure made a difference in how much less it grabbed my shirt. As far as external extractor, I was never picky enough to care that it wasn't the Browning design. Unless I had loads of unfitted extractors in the drawer that I wanted to be able to use on future 1911's, I don't think the design would make a difference, but YMMV. And the trigger was super crisp!

I almost dare you to put a a permanent stain on the countertop.:cool:

A buddy of mine spent a lot of money on a new countertop when he did it. :D

LOL, the worst was microwaves when they first hit. Wife wanted one when they cost what a decent used car ran. I kept saying no, she won. I was working nights and I was sold immediately. Come home, slap some left overs in a dish and zap, dinner. The problem was Wife had everything Tupperware made and the stuff was pricey back then. I started promptly melting it and she hit the roof. Finally bought me some cheap stuff and warned me not to put her good stuff in there any more. :)

Well, as much as I'd like to drop some cash on that beautiful S&W, I've been alerted to the fact the Missus wants a new refrigerator. It's true. We need one.

Good thing she didn't veto it for a vacuum, 'cause that would really suck. Ba-da-Boom!

Are you telling us you actually let your wife know when you're buying a new gun? The last time I told her about a new gun was when it was HER gun. Otherwise, we tend to be on a don't-ask-don't-tell basis on gun purchases. You are a good man, willing to give up a 1911 for a Frigidaire.

BTW, fridges cost more than $1000 these days, but I'm sure you already know that...

Hey, I lived like this for a summer when I was a kid, the fridge died and it took 3 or 4 months to save up for a new one...

Petitioned the neighbors to make ice for us... Had a big ole Coleman Steel cooler... Made ice runs to the neighbors after school...

You should have bought a gun istead and kept getting ice from your neighbors! :D

Are you telling us you actually let your wife know when you're buying a new gun?

No way. But I need to use the money for the fridge. The one we want will run about $2500 when all is said and done. That's two S&W's and a Taurus!

But I'm cool with it since we're in the middle of Sig P238 season and I got nowhere to hide a 1911. Nowhere comfortable, that is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top