JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you!!!
It may be hard to find a WA FFL who will buy it as they will be required by law to resell it out of state. Here is the relevant section of HB1240 (in bold) that deals with this situation.

NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:
(1) No person in this state may manufacture, import, distribute, sell, or offer for sale any assault weapon, except as authorized in this section.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:
(a) The manufacture, importation, distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon by a licensed firearms manufacturer for the purposes of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, or to a state or federal law enforcement agency for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes;
(b) The importation, distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law for the purpose of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, or to a law enforcement agency in this state for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes;
(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the assault weapon from an individual legally authorized to possess or transfer the assault weapon for the purpose of selling or transferring the assault weapon to a person who does not reside in this state. The purpose of this section is to allow individuals who no longer wish to own an assault weapon to sell their assault weapon and is not intended to allow Washington dealers to purchase assault weapons wholesale for the purpose of selling a stock or inventory of assault weapons online or in person to nonresidents; or
(d) The receipt of an assault weapon by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the assault weapon by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the assault weapon, provided the person in possession of the assault weapon can establish such provenance. Receipt under this subsection (2)(d) is not "distribution" under this chapter. A person who legally receives an assault weapon under this subsection (2)(d) may not sell or transfer the assault weapon to any other person in this state other than to a licensed dealer, to a federally licensed gunsmith for the purpose of service or repair, or to a law enforcement agency for the purpose of permanently relinquishing the assault weapon.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
Source: https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Htm/Bills/House Bills/1240.htm

Thank you for taking the time to reply!!! Can I post this and say I will only to sell to people out of the the state of Washington?
That would be the way to go. As an FFL, we won't buy or trade any item that is banned. Make sure you find you local rep with a D behind their name and send them a nice note about this too, they did this to you...and everyone else here.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!!! Can I post this and say I will only to sell to people out of the the state of Washington?
If you sell to a person out of state, you will need to ship the item to an FFL in their State or deliver it in person to their FFL. Before listing it anywhere I would make sure you know how you will be able to deliver it.

I would call around to your area FFLs first and see if any of them will buy it. They are legally allowed to do so.

If you sell to a person out of state, you will need to ship the item to an FFL in their State or deliver it in person to their FFL. Before listing it anywhere I would make sure you know how you will be able to deliver it.

I would call around to your area FFLs first and see if any of them will buy it. They are legally allowed to do so.
Will do!!! Thanks again

An alternative would be to sell all the parts, minus the lower receiver. That way no FFL is needed and you can ship it with standard shipping companies and procedures.
What would you suggest he then do with the lower, since several key parts are nearly impossible to source in WA?

What would you suggest he then do with the lower, since several key parts are nearly impossible to source in WA?

1000008148.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads