JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On Facebook there's a group called "Things Found in Walls". Here's a recent post:

"Found a Smith & Wesson .38 special in the attic of a 100 year old house my parents bought. And yes it was loaded.
*edited to add .38 special on the gun close up*"

foundgun1.jpg foundgun2.jpg

Some old newspapers found in a wall of a neighbors house helped a client of mine win a court case over a property line dispute with the neighbor on the other side.
Not as cool as an old revolver though.

Pablo Escobar's nephew found $18million in the wall of his late uncles apartment. He also found a typewriter, satellite phones, a gold pen, a camera and a film roll that hasn't been developed [yet].

I've found a 1939 Winchester 30/30 in great condition, a mint 1st edition Casper the Ghost comic book, a whole bunch of toys, bunches of old Playboys and a lot of carpenter ants in my days as a custom residential house remodel contractor.
The best houses were the very old balloon framed ones that things stored in the attic could fall down between the exterior wall studs all the way down to the foundation plate.
One of the most interesting was an old 1898 Oregonian newspaper front page that was touting the grand opening of a new downtown restaurant that I found when opening up an exterior kitchen wall of a house that was built that same year, I handed the paper to the homeowner and during lunch that day, my helper was reading that days Oregonian, which was reporting the closing of that same restaurant.

There have been several discoveries of old movie posters found in walls, attics, and floors. Seems people would use them as insulation before insulation was invented. They can be quite valuable and they're super cool to look at. At least I think so. :)

I spent four years in a house built in 1882 (according to news papers found in the walls) and when my dad tore it down to build a new house, we found the walls insulated with sawdust and crumpled newspapers. Both my parents smoked and I've often wondered how quickly the old place would have gone up if it caught fire.

I crawled into a cubbyhole in an older home, in Kelso, WA, when I was around ten years old. There I found an old cigar box stuffed with money. I ran to my mother and showed it to her, thinking I was rich. My mom took one look and said that's Confederate money and not worth any thing. Mom took it from me and I think she burned it in our wood stove.
This was around 1960.
Today that dang cigar box is a collectors item, let alone the Confederate money.
Thanks mom :(

Remolded a shoe store in a mall. Found old can of beer unopened and a small cobblers hammer. Still have the hammer. Young crew member opened the beer after it had been handed around the crew. Everybody got sprayed with beer. Mall security was convinced we were drinking on the job. One empty old can was the evidence for our side.

The only thing I have found in a wall was a Penthouse Forum stuffed in a wall at the Boeing facility in Gresham. I have some former coworkers who have found old money, pocket knives, and news papers stuffed in walls. The most interesting is a coworker that had to move the ashes of Miss Kate, who is the resident ghost of the Sheridan Inn in Sheridan Wy. After passing she was cremated and interned in a wall, and during a remodel they had to temporarily move her, the coworker said he didn't think anything of it until he picked up the urn and the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He kept great care to make sure that nothing happened to that urn until she was returned to her resting place.

Many years ago my dad found a SMLE .303 British rifle in the attic of a house he and my mom had bought.

I recall looking at it and it appeared someone had attempted a 'Bubba' sporterization of it with less than 'stellar' results.

I once read about a guy doing some work on the floor of an old house and I don't recall the details but he was removing some flooring and discovered someone had set some baseboard and to compensate for some sort of out of level problem he used stacks of INDIAN HEAD pennies as shims !

Guy I used to work with had a friend or family member, could not remember which. After the ladies husband passed years later someone was doing some work and found a S&W Mod 57 the guy had made a place in the wall to hide. They had no idea how long it had been in there. It had turned the entire gun an odd brown color. He never found out who she let talk her out of it and whether they were able to make it serviceable again:(

I was helping my Dad remodel the house he grew up in and found an all metal Roy Rogers flashlight. The old batteries never leaked so it was in pristine condition. Popped some new batteries in and it worked.

My wife and I purchased our first home a couple years ago. Not a old house. Built in 2004. I was moving my tools into the garage and rigging new lights in the ceiling. I noticed a small velvet bag on top of the water heater. Tucked back so you wouldn't be able to see it from ground level. I opened it up to find a small vile. Looked like a cocanie storage vile. I opened it up thinking it was someone's forgotten stash of sugar booger.
It looked like ash. Then it occurred to me...this is someone's remains!

Seeing as we just bought the house, I had my wife contact the previous owners through FB. She asked if they may have forgot someone's ashes in the garage. The wife promptly replied stating it was her father in laws remains. She wouldn't let him keep it in the house. She said her husband would be by later to pick it up.

She must not have been a big fan of his.

In the same week, I was replacing our master bathroom sink faucets. So I'm under the sink cabinets laying on my back. Fidgeting with the water lines...when I see something taped on the backside of one of the cabinet drawers. It was a expired bottle of pain meds from 2004. With a different address then mine. Now that there was a forgotten stash.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top