JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets make a distinction here - conservative pro 2A, gun related stickers and tee shorts are one thing - those that infer or suggest the shooting of someone if they trespass, break in, whatever or otherwise that creates the illusion the poster of the sign/sticker/short etc. is some sort of 'badazz' gun owner well, then a lot of this is probably just posturing and 'empty threats'.

Like some others I don't need to support a fear or inferiority complex by displaying 'Ooh, Ooh, Ima Tough guy - see?' signs/stickers/tee shirts.
Yeah, understand the distinction. A "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out," "Trespassers will be shot" or "I don't dial 911" (with pic of 1911) is a bit of posturing, if not outright threatening. My point being that if we -- the civil rights advocates of the "bad amendment" -- allow ourselves to be fearful of displaying our political convictions, the other side wins. Frankly, I don't see wearing gun-related (or RKBA themed) shirts or having the patches or decals as outing ourselves as having a "fear or inferiority complex." I have a "Molon Labe" t-shirt that sees the light of day occasionally, but in no way is my proclaiming myself as "Look at me - I'm a tough guy." Frankly, after a quarter century on active duty and another twenty years combined full-time and reserve law enforcement, I've stopped worrying about what others think of my fashion choices or how much road rage my bumper sticker elicits. (Yeah, not happy about getting my truck keyed in the liberal cesspool, but like I said, I shoulda known better.)

I don't like Cummins guys that drive to work with the towing mirrors pulled out three feet on each side but not going to tell them to stop. I assume they have some reason for doing this.

People do what they do, I rather enjoy seeing a jacked up truck laying on it's side during an ice storm.
Just have fun with it. 👍

Hey, maybe the mirror keeps it from tipping all the way over? 🤔 🤔 🤔
This is as close as I got 😜

BD59AE2C-5178-4E44-9C9F-A3EC61537B70.jpeg

Speaking for myself...
I am not a huge fan of the types of signs , bumper stickers and the like as shown in OP.

However.....
There is no crime or shame in being a gun owner.
I don't go out of my way to announce to the world that I am in fact a gun owner...
( Ha...says the me , a guy on a gun forum...one that is open to many visitors...:D )
But I don't hide my head in shame either , when asked.

Like with most everything...
You should do what is best for you and your situation.
Know your audience ...time and place...that sorta thing.

In some areas..a truck with all kinds of firearm related bumper stickers...or a house with similar signs posted...
Wouldn't raise much in the way of interest or notice.
In other areas...the same could warrant nasty stares , rude comments or worse.

Be smart about what you say and do with firearms , when out and about...
Like it or not....
You will be seen as how all gun owners act and think , by much of the public.
However...
As I said earlier...there is no shame in being a gun owner either.
Andy
two topics.

One is shame of a gun owner, the perspective you are taking - the other is a legal one... who might the jury lean towards....I think this is what the OP is driving towards. ironically, this is the exact topic discussed in the CHP class in Oregon years ago and a very relevant one today.

Ah, yes typical passive aggressive behavior. What ever happened to polite and manors?
A thing of the past - and now replaced by self righteous, entitled and/or just angry people.

I was heading into Bend a couple weeks ago very early, still dark and roads pretty bad and about 45 MPH max safe speed, when some (name it) person was literally ON MY BUMPER for many miles until he could finally pass me. Oh, he was pulling the weave back and forth 'threatening' maneuver (and I was not impressed).

Quite frankly I would have not been upset if I had eventually seen his vehicle up the road, on it's top, and maybe burning.

two topics.

One is shame of a gun owner, the perspective you are taking - the other is a legal one... who might the jury lean towards....I think this is what the OP is driving towards. ironically, this is the exact topic discussed in the CHP class in Oregon years ago and a very relevant one today.
To be more clear on my post...

You are a gun owner...you shouldn't have to hide that fact.
However...some folks who dislike firearms...
May take issue with the fact that you are one...and take it out on you or your car / truck / house....

So it may be best to be low key about being a gun owner....at other times and places...it won't matter

As for a jury and who they lean to...
That would all depend on the jury...who they are ...their background that like.
I have served on a jury twice...and it was an interesting experience to say the least
Andy

Last Edited:
These days, a sticker professing love for just about anything is likely to raise someone's blood pressure. The world we live in is far too polarized and both sides (admittedly, one more than the other) are unwilling to compromise and accept the other.

Hell, 20 years ago it took something like this one that I had on my first truck to piss people off. Now all it takes is a "coexist" sticker.
9500126_0.jpg

Since there's zero chance of society becoming more accepting, it's probably a safer bet to just keep the windows free of stickers; especially those that announce you keep items of value in your truck or stand on any particular side of the proverbial aisle.

They do, I constantly see them using the mirrors to put on their makeup while driving in the left lane 1-3mph under the speed limit.
I never have gotten lucky enough to see them deep throat their lipstick when they hit a pothole. Maybe one day.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top