JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Turns out putting progun stickers on your vehicle sends a signal to criminals that you may just have a free gun for the taking. Who knew? Lol

I'm not a fan of putting stickers on my vehicles, guitars/amps or other things so this has never been a problem for me.

I see a lot of trucks and cars with the AR stickers or the ever popular Oregun stickers and I don't get it. Seems like just advertising to the wrong crowd. I'd rather people not know I've got a weapon on me.

Plus I tend to not leave weapons/valuables in vehicles either so again not an issue for me. Stay safe out there.
Screenshot_20230511_210615.jpg
Screenshot_20230511_210556.jpg

For some the concept of personal security is less important than telling everyone how much of a badass they are. I don't begrudge anyone's right to advertise their opinions, but some people forget (or choose not to acknowledge) that free speech has consequences. If you're confident enough to post a "come and take it" sticker on your car, go for it. Just remember that someone might take you up on the offer.

This is a first. Never saw a gun forum member attach a tweet from Everytown to support the thesis statement in his OP.

Anyway, didn't we just do this thread last month? Or some version of "do you advertise pro-gun stuff on your vehicle?" And the month before... and...

Here's a newsflash: a clever thief scanning the parking lot for a vehicle likely to have a firearm inside spots a Ram 1500 or a mud-covered Jeep with 40" tires , next to a Prius or a Ford Focus. Neither vehicle sports as much as a Biden-Harris bumper sticker or a silhouette of a dachshund on the back windows.

Which vehicle will the thief try to break in first? Hint: it doesn't matter what you advertise with your free stickers or the ones you order on EBay, the thieves are gonna profile your vehicle, not the stickers on it.

And then there are those dickheads that buy a $200 beater, plaster it with pro-gun (and of course Trump) stickers hiding in the bushes with their ought-6 and a six-pack.

Last Edited:
A couple of tweets doesn't constitute a crime wave. Also the complete lack of where and when this one depicted event happened makes this whole thing spurious to me.

It's funny how some people will talk Grey man appearance while their vehicle is covered in firearm industry stickers, Oregunian on the tailgate all while wearing tactical pants with a tactical belt, a "concealed carry" vest over their flannel and an NRA hat.

Do certain stickers up your chances of having your vehicle getting broke into....sure.
So does leaving items in your vehicle...
As does when and where you park it....
Where you live and where you go , plays a role here...

Also....it the criminal who is at at fault here...he broke into the vehicle.
It is not the fault of the vehicle owner , who has whatever stickers on their vehicle.

In any event...
I have two gun stickers on my truck.
Not going to take 'em off...nor am I going to blame having them on my truck , if it gets broken into.
I own firearms...I take pride in what firearms I own...I won't hide the fact that I am a gun owner.

Please notice the "I" in the above statements...
That is what I do...it works for me.
If it doesn't work for you...then that is perfectly fine...don't do as I do.
Easy fix.
Andy

Last Edited:
Imo this should be totally obvious to everyone here. Crims will break in to steal guns and advertising them on your vehicle means it's more likely there is a gun in the vehicle. We already knew that.

Similarly we've seen from the Portland "protests" that people will take chances to steal a gun where they normally wouldn't risk it. The temptation is so strong. Fe groups assaulting an open carrier to get his gun. Increased visibility of the temptation to opportunistic criminals increases the chances they will take that risk Imo, whether it's a running car in your driveway, an open garage door that thieves can't resist, whatever.

Last Edited:
Do certain stickers up your chances of having your vehicle getting broke into....sure.
So does leaving items in your vehicle...
As does when and where you park it....
Where you live and where you go , plays a role here...

Also....it the criminal who is at at fault here...he broke into the vehicle.
It is not the fault of the vehicle owner , who has whatever stickers on their vehicle.

In any event...
I have two gun stickers on my truck.
Not going to take 'em off...nor am I going to blame having them on my truck , if it gets broken into.
I own firearms...I take pride in what firearms I own...I won't hide the fact that I am a gun owner.

Please notice the "I" in the above statements...
That is what I do...it works for me.
If it doesn't work for you...then that is perfectly fine...don't do as I do.
Easy fix.
Andy
Andy's only bumper sticker.

3d3b0bf35465f055bd9093597cff000f.jpg

This is a first. Never saw a gun forum member attach a tweet from Everytown to support the thesis statement in his OP.

Anyway, didn't we just do this thread last month? Or some version of "do you advertise pro-gun stuff on your vehicle?" And the month before... and...

Here's a newsflash: a clever thief scanning the parking lot for a vehicle likely to have a firearm inside spots a Ram 1500 or a mud-covered Jeep with 40" tires , next to a Prius or a Ford Focus. Neither vehicle sports as much as a Biden-Harris bumper sticker or a silhouette of a dachshund on the back windows.

Which vehicle will the thief try to break in first? Hint: it doesn't matter what you advertise with your free stickers or the ones you order on EBay, the thieves are gonna profile your vehicle, not the stickers on it.
Trick question.
A smart thief cuts the CATs on all of em. Starting with the prius.

Not into stickers myself. And I try to keep anything of value out of sight. Only had the car broke into once and they were after my leather jacket covering the wifes purse and the diaper bag. We got the purse empty and the diaper bag back as they tossed them in another park. This was at the coast. I have been very cautious about parking at the coast ever since.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top