JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if this right topic but does anyone know how to get sticks off on my 50 cal ammo can? I tried pulling gently but the sticker tore so could not pull it off.

Thank you.
Heat gun? Goo gone?those 2 always seem to work for me. Goo gone is probably the safest. I wouldn't use acetone or goof off until you see if it removes the paint (probably will). Credit card or plastic razor blade helps to remove when goo gone "melts" it.

I would try Goo Gone first. If that doesn't work finger nail polish. Last option would be acetone. But it will take the paint off and wear gloves. If used heavily it will take your fingerprints off.

I haven't tried this but it takes the stickiness off of old rubber: 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.

Heat with blow dryer to remove the sticker. Now you have to deal with the adhesive. You can use vegetable oil or goo gone, followed by soap and water to remove the oil and whatever is left.

Most sticker adhesives are oil based. Thus using more oil to dilute and remove the adhesive usually works...kinda the way water based paint cleans up with water.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I've found for getting the majority of the label off and then treating the remaining label residue and glue, old Hoppe's No. 9 is effective at removing the residual label bits and glue. Always have plenty of No. 9 around.

Best not to take my advice. I locked myself out of my car once.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 12.51.43 AM.png

Instead of bothering, sometimes I'll hit them with a fat sharpy or put some blue tape over it because I wind up putting blue tape on stuff like that and then marking with a fat sharpie anyway.

Now that I stop to think about it, why pull the stickers off the can? I have ammo boxes with manufacturer's stickers on them...and they work just fine.

I have hats with logos, shirts with logos, pants with logo tags, license plate frames with dealer ads, etc.. ...and I don't rip the tags off my pillows and mattresses.

I get stickers most times when I purchase gun related products. So, If I can't put them on my ammo box, then where do I put them???? and don't even start about stickers or no stickers on tool boxes/chests.

Now that I stop to think about it, why pull the stickers off the can? I have ammo boxes with manufacturer's stickers on them...and they work just fine.

I have hats with logos, shirts with logos, pants with logo tags, license plate frames with dealer ads, etc.. ...and I don't rip the tags off my pillows and mattresses.

I get stickers most times when I purchase gun related products. So, If I can't put them on my ammo box, then where do I put them???? and don't even start about stickers or no stickers on tool boxes/chests.
I used to hoard stickers like I was going to use them for something. No idea what, maybe a massive collage of all the brands I ever patronized? Now I just stick them on to whatever is closest to hand. My laptop gets the bulk of them, but there are a few on my desk top, toolboxes, various cases of things. . .

I see some people use them like tape to fix things. I may start hoarding them again just so I can have the most branded quick fixes around.

1) Stop buying Harbor Freight ammo boxes with the giant stickers
2) In lieu of that, it's Goo Gone and a terry cloth rag to get the stickers off
3) Sometimes Parkrose Hardware will put genuine USGI Grade 1 ammo cans on sale

Last Edited:
I used to hoard stickers like I was going to use them for something. No idea what, maybe a massive collage of all the brands I ever patronized? Now I just stick them on to whatever is closest to hand. My laptop gets the bulk of them, but there are a few on my desk top, toolboxes, various cases of things. . .

I see some people use them like tape to fix things. I may start hoarding them again just so I can have the most branded quick fixes around.
Before my last trip up to Eastern Washington in October, my son asked for stickers to put on the refrigerator in the barn/workshop. Of course, he also puts stickers in car windows...

Before my last trip up to Eastern Washington in October, my son asked for stickers to put on the refrigerator in the barn/workshop. Of course, he also puts stickers in car windows...
I do try to keep it more discrete than putting them in car windows. Where I used to live that was a recipe for getting your window smashed (at least it was before that became a general thing to do, no sticker needed). I mostly keep it to non-public stuff, but my laptop does make public appearances somewhat regularly. At least it is never unattended when it does, so if someone is going to take issues with my stickers they are very rapidly going to have an issue with me directly.

1) Stop buying Harbor Freight ammo boxes with the giant stickers
2) In lieu of that, it's Goo Gone and a terry cloth rag to get the stickers off
3) Sometimes Parkrose Hardware will put genuine USGI Grade 1 ammo cans on sale
I bought a few 50 cal ammo cans from Harbor Freight since they were only $9.99 per can. I drilled them the have put ammo can locks on them.

Of course Washington State is just the younger brother of California. I never put firearm related stickers on my truck

I bought a few 50 cal ammo cans from Harbor Freight since they were only $9.99 per can. I drilled them the have put ammo can locks on them.
Keep in mind that solvents like goo gone, polish remover, and thinner will also remove paint and finishes. Depending on the surface material, your best bet is temperature and patience.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top