JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Most gunowners are aware of this. It's just common sense to be discreet and private. And there are some who want to express themselves and don't see a problem with that. Especially on social media.
I know many freedom loving gun owners want to express themselves humorously and want the express their love for the second admendment. That's your 1st Admendment rights. But I think posting these types of signs and bumper stickers, T shirts and gun logos make you a target for break-in. You are telling thieves you have guns in the car, on your person and in your house.You are telling the police that you are armed. You are telling the whole neighborhood. Many people are not gun friendly and don't find them to be amusing and might even use it against you and get you Canceled. What's worse is that in a self defense situation, the law can use that against you even if you are justified,

I don't like Cummins guys that drive to work with the towing mirrors pulled out three feet on each side but not going to tell them to stop. I assume they have some reason for doing this.

People do what they do, I rather enjoy seeing a jacked up truck laying on it's side during an ice storm.
Just have fun with it. 👍

Hey, maybe the mirror keeps it from tipping all the way over? 🤔 🤔 🤔

4A773995-3C25-414C-922E-8D997B2C5047.jpeg

. But I think posting these types of signs and bumper stickers, T shirts and gun logos make you a target for break-in. You are telling thieves you have guns in the car, on your person and in your house.You are telling the police that you are armed. You are telling the whole neighborhood. Many people are not gun friendly and don't find them to be amusing and might even use it against you and get you Canceled. What's worse is that in a self defense situation, the law can use that against you even if you are justified,
For many of us out here in the country this comes off as a very "city" point of view. I am glad that you said "I think" instead of I know. I would have to agree with you however that in some areas this might be the case, but not out here where "almost" everyone is armed.

Speaking for myself...
I am not a huge fan of the types of signs , bumper stickers and the like as shown in OP.

However.....
There is no crime or shame in being a gun owner.
I don't go out of my way to announce to the world that I am in fact a gun owner...
( Ha...says the me , a guy on a gun forum...one that is open to many visitors...:D )
But I don't hide my head in shame either , when asked.

Like with most everything...
You should do what is best for you and your situation.
Know your audience ...time and place...that sorta thing.

In some areas..a truck with all kinds of firearm related bumper stickers...or a house with similar signs posted...
Wouldn't raise much in the way of interest or notice.
In other areas...the same could warrant nasty stares , rude comments or worse.

Be smart about what you say and do with firearms , when out and about...
Like it or not....
You will be seen as how all gun owners act and think , by much of the public.
However...
As I said earlier...there is no shame in being a gun owner either.
Andy

Most gunowners are aware of this. It's just common sense to be discreet and private. And there are some who want to express themselves and don't see a problem with that. Especially on social media.
I know many freedom loving gun owners want to express themselves humorously and want the express their love for the second admendment. That's your 1st Admendment rights. But I think posting these types of signs and bumper stickers, T shirts and gun logos make you a target for break-in. You are telling thieves you have guns in the car, on your person and in your house.You are telling the police that you are armed. You are telling the whole neighborhood. Many people are not gun friendly and don't find them to be amusing and might even use it against you and get you Canceled. What's worse is that in a self defense situation, the law can use that against you even if you are justified,
Nice rack!... gun rack that is... ahem ahem.. :p

For many of us out here in the country this comes off as a very "city" point of view. I am glad that you said "I think" instead of I know. I would have to agree with you however that in some areas this might be the case, but not out here where "almost" everyone is armed.
Yes, I agree in the "country" where majority of residence are gun owners and many express themselves freely. And yes, This is a definately "city" point of view where most of the violence and crime occurs like in cities like Portland. Cities are where many anti gunners and criminals are at.

I don't advertise, I wont buy clothing that seem to fit and wear well just because I don't want to be a walking bill board. However stifling such activities could actually help those opposed to feel emboldened towards their ability to bully while giving others not so frisky the feeling their numbers heavily outweigh out those with the desire to own them. Possibly finding out neighbors and folks they might have respected from a distance much of their lives support and condone the right to bear arms could help influence some opposed or waffling, from any support through disinterest. As for my persona for the general public, I'm guilty of hiding my passions but say go for it for those who have less caution.

What a crock of fecal matter. Next you'll be telling me my American Flag will get me "Canceled" as well. Maybe it's best for you and the likes like you stay in town where the nanny state can protect you and stay out of my world.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top