JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this right topic but does anyone know how to get sticks off on my 50 cal ammo can? I tried pulling gently but the sticker tore so could not pull it off.

Thank you.

My son helped me out the other night, worked really well. No stickers left.
2773043B-49CE-4037-952A-E99939F5F7EF.jpeg

Not sure if this right topic but does anyone know how to get sticks off on my 50 cal ammo can? I tried pulling gently but the sticker tore so could not pull it off.

Thank you.
Goo Gone or maybe just try using a hair dryer to soften the glue underneath. Let us know what works for you

A picture of Hillary should scare it right off.
We are asking how to remove labels, not commit war crimes.

On topic; you basically just want something that can dissolve any standard adhesive. heat softens it, basic solvents flush it off. The only question is how much you want to spend and how long you want it to take. I would be careful applying too much heat, that can damage the paint finish too. You want just enough to soften the adhesive without damaging the coating.

If you have a big enough pot and do not care about the fuel costs you can boil the can. That is about as close as you can get to zero time investment (for yourself). You just have to fill the pot, dump in the can and turn on the burner. It will take 15 minutes in boiling water for most labels to come off, but I have never done an ammo can this way. You can get a clean can faster using solvents and elbow grease, but it does take more time from you to do that.

I am using the 30 cal ammo can for ammunition and the 50 cal for magazines. I will stop by Harbor Freight for the Goo Gone.

IMG_4758.jpeg

I wouldn't even bother. It's just an ammo can. You could try rubbing it with butter? Works great for pitch on the hands, might work for sticker adhesive

I wouldn't even bother. It's just an ammo can. You could try rubbing it with butter? Works great for pitch on the hands, might work for sticker adhesive
Have seen the price of butter? Yes I guess I don't care. I was able to pull the 30 cal sticker with out any issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top