JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up a Taurus G2C yesterday and also picked up a Nikon P 223 for my AR rifle.

20190428_090623.jpg 20190428_084431.jpg

Sadly, prices on these, like most milsurps have gone stupid lately. I'm waiting for the market to crash during the next panic when everyone is divesting to buy another $400 AR for $1200...

Phantom man,

Sweet grab!
Did you buy it that way or did you restore it?
...also, is it possible to remove the hood on the front sight and file that post a little thinner, then replace the hood?

Dean

Phantom man,

Sweet grab!
Did you buy it that way or did you restore it?
...also, is it possible to remove the hood on the front sight and file that post a little thinner, then replace the hood?

Dean
Dean,
It came to me this way. It is considered a post war though it was made just after France was liberated but the war was not over. These almost always appear in better shape than the pre-war. They made small mods to the rifles. The sight is part of a unified one piece front cap. I suppose you could cut it to modify it. The issue in my opinion is the width of the post which makes the target impact spot hidden on shots under 150 meters. Also, these rifles had a fixed rear aperture to go with the fixed front. Luckily this shoot on track but if you get one that doesn't you need to replace the rear sight with an off center corrective one.

…interesting. Yeah, I was sayin' that maybe you could file each side of the front sight, in order to make it thinner (skinnier), so you could see the target easier.
Too bad you can't get the hood off without surgery. I suppose if you used a narrow file (maybe one of those "Swedish" one that come in the tall box) and just work at it for a while.
Glad it shoots straight for ya, anyway.

Dean

…interesting. Yeah, I was sayin' that maybe you could file each side of the front sight, in order to make it thinner (skinnier), so you could see the target easier.
Too bad you can't get the hood off without surgery. I suppose if you used a narrow file (maybe one of those "Swedish" one that come in the tall box) and just work at it for a while.
Glad it shoots straight for ya, anyway.

Dean
On closer examination the front sight is not attaced to the cap but in unmovable none the less.

Last Edited:
It's the opposite. You can remove the hood/cap but the front sight is fixed to the barrel without an option to adjust.
...that sounds more like it.
I realize there's no adjustment for the front sight, that's why I suggested filing down the side of it.
You don't need to adjust it, you just need it to not fill up the sight picture so much.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads